Would anyone have a young peacock?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We had a male and female but, sadly, when the male (Romeo) recovered from his broken leg having been tended and nurtured for some time after he fell out of our very large, old mango tree, he was allowed to have his flight wings back and stupidly flew into a bad scenario and is no longer with us. The female (Juliet) is now rather lonely and we would love to get her a new mate so does anyone have or know of someone who may have a young peacock who would be willing to keep her company please? Preferably along the north coast area - Sabaneta, GH, Cabarete, Sosua areas.

Thanks in advance.

miloco

Sep 7, 2006
I know they had 5 or 6 in Juan Dolio ... Barcelo Hotel, Sept 2009. Don't really know if they're male or female. Seems a bit too far to travel for a flamingo. How far can they fly???

miloco

Sep 7, 2006
Sorry got it all mixed up peacock/flamingo.... excuse me its a monday hope you understand.

good luck.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I didn't get much response on this thread so would like to give it a 'bump' as we really would love to have another mate for Juliet - does anyone have or know of any young Romeos near the North coast please? I mean a young, male Peacock should that need any clarification...

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
WB did you try Chez Arsenio's restaurant at Hideaway beach. It's between Sosua and Cabarete near coconut palms. Their phone number is 809 5719948. They have loads of peacocks there.
Good luck with the search!

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
PLEASE check with Hideaway Beach. We are over run with peacocks here. They are beautiful, but there too many of them. They might be glad to have you take a few.