building without deslinde..

cruzan

May 3, 2006
I have re-posted this question in the hope of having Mr. Guzman reply to it.....or anyone else with some legal knowledge that could help me.....thanks

Since I do not understand the "deslinde law", I was hoping someone could give me some advice. We are thinking about building a house on a parcel of land that has been sub-divided from a larger parcel. The owner said he is in the "process of obtaining the deslinde". Should we wait until he has the deslinde or is it safe to proceed and then get the deslinde later? do we need a deslinde?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
See the "Search" button above? Use it, and enter DESLINDE - the answer to most of your questions are in the archives here, including the law that was passed making them mandatory

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Deslindes can be challenged, in other words, at the time of a deslinde, questions about ownership and property limits may yet again again. That is why they have to be published and a sign set up on site on the affected properties. It's nerve-wrecking enough to have to battle often frivolous yet at times difficult to contest claims over "your" land or parts of it, without having to fear for the integrity of a newly build house.
Lets not forget, that who ever (turns out) owns the land, owns what ever anybody left on it.

I hate to tell you, but I think that your mere asking this questions hints a possible mindset or misguidance which is even more illfaithed in this country than it would most likely be in your country of origin; contemplating to take short cuts or do things the "Dominican way". The "Dominican way" usually fails most locals (just look around and admire the results!) and it sure has a well documented history of backfiring badly on foreigners.

Do it right, step by step, by the book. If it can't be done, walk away from it.

... J-D.

cruzan

May 3, 2006
good advice from all...thank you. i think it is prudent to have the deslinde before building?