Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WTF is up with electricity.

We are not having any major outtages but the bill has gone from about 1,200 pesos per month to over 10,000 pesos!!! Alost 1,000% increase.

I have lived in the same building for 3 years but changed apartments in october, same building different apartment. In the 3 previous years we never paid more than 1500 pesos.

First month in the new place was 3,000 and change, 2nd month 7,000 and change, 3rd month 7,000 and change, february 10,000 and change.

I have heard similar reports from others in Gazcue. I went to the office today and after getting treated like **** by the flunkies spoke to the manager. He was useless. All he said was on their end all is well, but I have a problem in the apartment. WTF what problem could cause electricity usage to go up 1,000% ?

Is someone robbing my electricity? The guy says even if they are I need to pay the bill.
    I am sure this is somehow related to their deficit in paying their bills, but passing it onto one of the small percantage that pay. . .. .is just nuts.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

its all part of the fun.

sometimes they average your cost over several months, ie they underbill one month and overbill later to catch up.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

get the electrician to check your meter, maybe one of your neighbours has AC on full blast at your cost.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Lodge a complaint at Superintendencia de Electricidad República Dominicana or the short version, Protecom.

Superintendencia de Electricidad República Dominicana

They give EDESUR etc a hard time and will fight any issues.

Also read this thread.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/933...-hour-kwh.html

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like someone is stealing your power.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why JD, I and others always say ... read your meter every day, read your meter every day...
    did I say, READ YOUR METER EVERY DAY!
    Btw my 2-yea log of meter readings has just recently helped me a lot with Protecom, when Edeste alleged my meter was burnt and hit me with a "normalization" charge.

Turn all breakers off in your APT. Is the meter still running? If so, somebody is hooked up at your expense.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

my bill is always 700-1000 in santo domingo but i rarely run AC and don't use a dryer or dishwasher. i think the whole building is leeching off you haha

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone actually gotten a refund/won against EDESUR/EDENORTE, etc??

we've done various disputes over the years and always lost.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Bye View Post
    has anyone actually gotten a refund/won against EDESUR/EDENORTE, etc??

we've done various disputes over the years and always lost.

Yes I did win against EdeEste, PROTECOM ruled against them in my case, total RD$808 (which was the invoice for "normalization") because they claimed my meter was burnt (which it was not) and after they denied my complaint in EdeEste, I took it to PROTECOM, with a 5-page complaint which looked and felt like a lawsuit

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine has gone up as well but not to that degree. In Bella Vista

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast