New Reputation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Robert, I know the previous thread on this was closed and you're developing a new system..... but please set something up where say the detractors of a thread can be sent to the "sin bin" so to speak. Not by the monitors who would have ultimate control but by the seriously interested readers of the thread. Something like three strikes and you're out. IMHO sometimes a thread is closed not because the topic has ran it's course but because it has strayed way off topic. There's a lot of great posters on this forum but many who really have to spend some time away from the 'puter screen, if you know what I mean.
Just my two cents worth.
Mack.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Try this very complex system:

If you don't like a post, don't read it.

If the thread drifted, don't read anymore.

Self-control, people...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you will probably find that without controversial people, it would very quickly become boring.
Its good to be annoyed by people - it creates energy lol
If we knocked people off the board everytime they annoyed three people there wouldnt be many left.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Try this very complex system:
If you don't like a post, don't read it.
If the thread drifted, don't read anymore.
Fair enough but if the thread is of interest it's annoying to have to plow through the garbage.
If we knocked people off the board everytime they annoyed three people there wouldnt be many left
Three strikes was figuratively speakin. Plus I meant knock them off the thread not the board. That system already exists for the most annoying posters.
Mack.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
i agree with jr.
except to take it a step further and say there wouldn't be any...
too many cliques and self righteous folks would go out of thier way and start bouncin folks like a pinball game just because of a difference of opinion.

my curiosity makes me wonder who would be first and who would be last :)

Mar 2, 2008
jr would be first:), but certainly not the last.

Hopefully, I would be a close second, because it wouldn't be much fun around here without jr!

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
This is nutty but funny & interesting. Maybe we should play a little game here and pretend we can knock somebody off this thread. My first vote would be for Mack, let's get him outta his own thread!.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is why we have moderators and this is an example of why we sometimes close threads. The good thing is, it gives everyone the opportunity to see some of the idiot posters at work.

Moving on....

Mack, yes, we have a new system in the works, or new for DR1 anyway.
It's a tried and tested system, used on many other forums and it appears to work.
It gets around the trading of rep points and shows very visually who did what etc.

We also have a new infraction system that gives the mods more powers and more flexibility on how to handle certain threads or posters. It also gives us the option to show on the posters profile these infractions, so then everyone can see why the person was banned, sin binned, received points etc.

Hope that answers your question. If you have any others on this, please PM or email me. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.