Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why Do Women In The DR Wear Make-Up

After living here for a few years I can't help but notice that the attractive women never wear make-up!

Is natural beauty not the most important element?

The blue eye shadow does not work for me!

Any thoughts?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

not that i think i am a beauty but i do not wear makeup unless going out at night. i just cannot be bothered. such a waste of time to slap it on in the morning - i'd rather have 15 more minutes in bed
    but yes, dominican ladies like their maquillage. i went once to a graduation ceremony in PUCMM and nearly all the girl were made up heavier than a 60 year old ho. wow. such pretty, young faces and so badly ruined with thick layer of paint.
    but then i have some secret admiration for my sister in law who wears makeup every single day. she looks darn nice!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

of course it CAN enhance ones natural beauty lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of heavy make-up, but I am impressed with how artistic some Dominican women are with it. I agree that many of the most beautiful women wear barely any make-up at all. I have never seen the practice of outlining the lips with eyeliner(?) along with lipstick outside of the DR, and it is also odd that some women shave their eyebrows and then draw(possible tattoo?) fake eyebrows higher.

I think your comment about the more attractive women not wearing make-up is more that women who feel they don't need it are probably more confident, smile more and have more of a presence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    I'm not a big fan of heavy make-up, but I am impressed with how artistic some Dominican women are with it. I agree that many of the most beautiful women wear barely any make-up at all. I have never seen the practice of outlining the lips with eyeliner(?) along with lipstick outside of the DR, and it is also odd that some women shave their eyebrows and then draw(possible tattoo?) fake eyebrows higher.

I think your comment about the more attractive women not wearing make-up is more that women who feel they don't need it are probably more confident, smile more and have more of a presence.
    Or maybe they cant afford it. You know the women here are status conscious and wont use any ol'make up. It has to be Revlon, Clairol, Maybelline, etc. That stuff costs.
    I dont like the colors sometimes, the blues or the real bright reds that dont match their skin tones so they wind up looking like clowns. Of when they go to the photo studio and they whiten their faces. Thats so funny! The women has a brown outline of her head but her face is white and she has a big nose.
    And then there is the shaving the eyebrow thing, I saw Mexican actresses do that but they were like 60-80years old and man it may look good when your 25 but at 75 you look like a crazie.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

clairol is a brand of hair cosmetic, not makeup
    and there is lip liner for lips
    (although one may use eyeliner and even eye shadow for emo makeup)
    it shows how much you men know about those things
    racerx, i really think brand matters not. most shops carry really cheap cosmetics and i have not seen any of my girlfriends use brand names, even cheap ones like revlon.
    indeed, some women here are skilled with their paint and i love full colour coordination: makeup always matches clothes, shoes, bags and belts.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I know women wear lip liner, but in the US they don't outline their lips in totally different color like this:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post

clairol is a brand of hair cosmetic, not makeup
    and there is lip liner for lips
    (although one may use eyeliner and even eye shadow for emo makeup)
    it shows how much you men know about those things
    racerx, i really think brand matters not. most shops carry really cheap cosmetics and i have not seen any of my girlfriends use brand names, even cheap ones like revlon.
    indeed, some women here are skilled with their paint and i love full colour coordination: makeup always matches clothes, shoes, bags and belts.
    Everything you said was like blah blah blah to me. Men dont care about that junk. And if you find a man who does, check his shoes he may be "lightening his loafers". Mines are black.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i have this girlfriend who goes to bed in her makeup on, wakes up at 5 or 6, washes it off and immediately re-applies. i have never seen her without slap and neither did her hubby. i guess he must like it
    luckily miesposo prefers me without makeup but somehow he always compliments me more when i actually put it on. hmm...
    and my post was a humorous one, dude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast