Stray Dogs - Ladrone Deterrent

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Last night the stray dog population in our slightly remote hill top area was responsible for the detection of a ladrone outside one of the neighbors homes.

These dogs are quiet during the day, but at night they don't like people walking around in the dark.

Due to their barking last night another neighbor looked out the window and detected a ladrone next door and called us on the phone. The barking only lasted a few seconds, but was just long enough for the neighbor to wake up and look out the window.

We have a portable 10 million candlepower spotlight and used it to light up the area. The ladrone ran behind the house where he had been seen. Eight of us joined the hunt, but the ladrone jumped over the fence into the woods. The razor wire on the fence was mashed down where he exited.

Later viewing of security video showed the dogs running from the area as if someone threw a rock at them, they were looking back as they ran. This was just before the phone call from the neighbor, and probably why the barking only lasted a few seconds. The security video showed the dogs playing and that they had just gone back into the area where the ladrone was located.

So remember, just because the barking is only for a few seconds, it does not mean it's safe outside.

Sometimes stray dogs are very helpful!

Don

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Great post Don, just be careful of chasing ladrones into the dark! We wouldn't want any harm to come to you, having said that I have been known to chase into houses with a pick axe handle in the middle of the night! LOL

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
axeman.jpg
A bit like this but without the axehead, soooooo basically a stick lol

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Great post Don, just be careful of chasing ladrones into the dark! We wouldn't want any harm to come to you, having said that I have been known to chase into houses with a pick axe handle in the middle of the night! LOL
I had the 10 Million CP portable light in my left hand, it has a very blinding effect, making it impossible for anyone to see the projectile launcher in my right hand. :bandit:

A couple of the neighbors came with machetes in their hands.

Don

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
"fear not the weapon but the hand that wields it"
My wife wont let me have the sharp bit on the end in case I hurt myself LOL

AngelaO

Mar 6, 2010
"My wife wont let me have the sharp bit on the end in case I hurt myself"

ROTFL! This proves that people are really basically all just the same, no matter where they live. :D

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
This reminds a few years ago of the dog pack (+10 dogs) which was always hanging around Parque Colon in SD which harrassed anyone who they didn't like...eventually they disappeared from the scene.