Found an 18 speed bike in POP for

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
6,500 peso's. This is a new bic in the bic shop here in POP. Is that a good deal? What should I offer? thanks Phil

May 29, 2006
Need a make on the bike. For a Trek or Gary Fisher it would be a good price. For a Huffy it would be way overpriced.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
get some health insurance

Where are you going to ride it safely, In the street? Probably just a tad more dangerous than a moto. Either get a car or walk keeping your eyes wide open. Ever notice the way smart Dominicans cross the street. Many nearly run. Ever wonder why? Motorized traffic has no respect for anyone else!! I still laugh when I see tourists walking in the street because the sidewalks are so uneven. They blissfully stroll down the middle of the street, here in Sosua, thinking that cars will look out for them. Not!! Best of luck. At least wear a helmet so that when you get hit your brain will be intact. Sorry to seem so negative but its negativity born out of experience

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
LOL, good point zoomzx11. Others ride in our neighborhood, theres very little car traffic and lots of folks walk in the same area for early morning exercise. I could just ride in the crowds and use theirs bodies as a shield. LOL thanks Phil