Can't anything be correct here?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Since the clocks in the US have to be set ahead on Sunday, I was trying to program a phone system for a business that is now closed til Monday. Better to do it now than to forget it later...........

SO, I check the time on my computer, online with both the US time sites, and then with the world sites and .............

long behold, my Codetel phone is 2 minutes SLOW...........

HOW CAN THAT BE?
I SHUT THE PHONE OFF TWO TIMES AND IT'S STILL WRONG........

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? CAN'T THEY EVEN GET THE TIME RIGHT??

There just doesn't seem to be one thing lately (well for a long time actually) that functions correctly here.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
So now..........

..........I decided to change the clock manually, and then put it back on automatic and Codetel turns it back 2 minutes..........:surprised:ermm:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
change your phone to viva - mine shows correct time (i just googled it) :) 7.50pm

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
You think you've got it bad.....my phone randomly changes time, date and YEAR!!! LOL It'll be fine for awhile and then Bam! off it goes again.....ahhhhhh the things I put up with in the DR.....but wouldn't change it.......

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
..........I decided to change the clock manually, and then put it back on automatic and Codetel turns it back 2 minutes..........:surprised:ermm:

Think outside the box a bit POPBB,
reset your clock again but set it two minutes FAST. If Codetel then sets it back by two minutes again, you will have the RIGHT time on it!

My Cell phone clock is dead on I am pleased to say. I know that because all the Dominicans that have appointments with me are genarally half an hour late according to my timepiece. I now work on SDT (standard Dominican Time) rather than GMT minus four hours. :cheeky: ;) :ermm: ~ Grahame.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
time in a bottle?

lol
sorry guys but you's keep discussing the missing time
and here i am missing my time there :)

actually i'm looking for the time when i can stay there
and forget about time ALTOGETHER :)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
There are many in Santiago that believe the sirens in the city are on the hour/half-hour but they are actually "about" 5 minutes before.

Perhaps to give you time to finish your smoke and get to work. ;) lol

I have become so used to the siren that I usually don't even notice it any more.
I guess they still use it.

Now let me go check my Claro cell phone.

Hmmmm, must be your local office or something.
Mine is right on time down to the second.

:paranoid: Guess people on the North coast are just a little slow! :paranoid:

Don

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
U n b e l i e v a b l e ! !

..............NOW check out this site: EDENORTE!
Interrupciones

CHECK
the calendar...............they can't even get the DATE / DAY correct....

EVERY day in the Month of March is off by ONE DAY!

TODAY IS WEDNESDAY , MARCH 17, 2010...........

THEY HAVE IT LISTED AS THURSDAY..............ON THE CALENDAR ON THIS PAGE..........! !

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

This is designed because Dominicans are always late for meetings- unfortunately the 2 mins is far from correct. It should be set an hour early so they have at least a hope of being on time.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
My T.V. box is constantly showing a time 10 minutes behind the real time - which is 1 hour ahead of what my computer is telling me.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pedro, that is because your computer jumped ahead to daylight time...You have to manually set it to Atlantic (GMT/ZULU -4:00)....Standard Time

Good luck with trying to figure out the why of Dominican time...

HB