Sending packages to cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah.ip

Mar 14, 2010
I'm from Toronto, and my boyfriend is in Cabarete working in one of the bars. I wanted to send him something from home, but I'm not sure what is the best way to send things to him since I know (from experience) that the local postal service is not the greatest there. I tried sending a postcard from Cabarete to back home in Canada, and to this day (3years later), my parents have still not received the postcard.

Has anyone ever tried sending and discovered the most reliable method?

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
:)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DHL, UPS, FEDEX...or Western Union...

If your boyfriend is a Dominican he probably does not have a postal drop in Miami, which is the best way.

HB

sarah.ip

Mar 14, 2010
So if I sent thru the other services, would I just write his name and the place he works and hope that it gets there safely?

NenaDelFlow

Feb 3, 2010

Or instead, if it's something not too personal, send it down with someone going there! There are many ladies on 'Dominicano Spouse' group on facebook who offer to bring down stuff for each others husbands.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
mail to cabarete

I have had sucess ,no issues sending packages thru the Post Office ,they have all arrived ,in a reasonable amount of time .

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Send money, a Money Grand transfer takes 15 minutes, he can buy anything in DR. Even when I go to DR my family present is $$$$ :glasses:

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.