Tiny Itsy Bitsy Spider Window Crack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Anyone know of a product that you can purchase for your car here in the north to repair a small Spider Crack?
Or even know a mechanic shop that repairs them with what I understand is a pressured glue solution?

Thanks
BermudaRum

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There are crystal repair shops all over Santiago. Surely there is one in POP at worst.

Takes a few minutes and not a lot of jack.

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
Try the one beside American store if not I always have used the one in front of Jose luis super market in Puerto Plata.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
resin is used and pressured in.

But if the crack is too big its not gonna happen, dont let them con you into a whole new windscreen!

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
oh also in the UK insurance normally pays for the small cracks, but probablly different there, but it shouldnt cost you much maybe 1000 pesos tops.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Try the one beside American store if not I always have used the one in front of Jose luis super market in Puerto Plata.

Are you talking about the auto junk yard just after Jose Luis on the right heading east? The American Store :confused:

Thanks
BermudaRum

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
No, the one beside the american store which faces sosua ocean village main entrance. The other is in Puerto Plata oposite side of Jose Luis super market. actualy there are like 3 in a row there.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Just this weekend, I saw a new trick for these types of cracks. The guy had a crack running down from the top of the windshield. He took two coins about the size of a US penny, spaced about 3 inches apart and about 2/3 of the way down the crack, and stuck them over the crack using SuperGlue. He said the crack had stopped running, and had been fine for months. Sure beat springing for a new windshield, and was a cheap street fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.