North coast golf questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDEAL41

Mar 4, 2010
I have been reading the forum for a while and I was hoping to get some updated info on golf in the POP/Santiago area. I will be staying in Sosua from apr9-16...this is my first DR trip and my spanish is nothing more than a few words (bloody Canadian schools teaching french instead, argh!). I would like to play a round or 2 while I am there...have read about the various courses and while I am not more than an average hacker skill wise, I do appreciate a nice course. I would also need to rent LEFTY clubs (ugh, yes I know...). Any current info on the course prices/rentals. What is the easiest way for a gringo like myself to make this happen. Anyone looking for a second?...will pay transport and a few cervezas:cheeky:....any tour operators do golf trips?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...I wish I could grapple with spanish a bit better...this 'rosetta stone' program I have is no walk in the park for someone who has only spoken(gr?) english for 40 years

thanks, Ideal

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Well Sir, ......... You have come to the IDEAL place!:cheeky: ;) :pirate:

There are afew of us that chase that small white ball around golf courses - some a living in the Sosua/Cabarete area, others are in Santiago & some (like me) live in Puerto Plata.

First some basic facts.
Playa Grande is recognised as being possibly the best course on he North Coast. Green fees are normally US $110 incl. cart & US $30 (ish) for a caddy. YES they have left handed clubs for hire - US $25/30.
IF you decide to take up an offer to play with a couple of us, I could pick you up from Sosua as I drive through, collect one or two more after that & we will be at Playa Grande for around 10.00 a.m. As I do this with a few guys each month, the green fee is reduced to US $82 & Petrol (gas) is shared between the 3 or 4 of us!

Playa Dorada (in Puerto Plata area)
Green fees are US $85 I believe, L/H club hire is US $25, share of buggy is US $15, Caddie ASSOCIATION fee is US $11 plus a further US $15 (approx & depending on his quality of work) paid directly to the caddie!
I am available most days for Playa Dorada as I live in Puerto Plata & am 10 minutes from the course! Maybe someone from Sosua/Cabarete might want to come across with you!

Las Aromas (in Santiago)
Green fees are US $26/27, share of cart is US $8, share of caddie is from US $12. I am sure they have rental clubs there too but I do not know costs. I WILL find out for you though nearer the time if someone has not filled you in as a result of this query!
You will need to get to & from Puerto Plata under your own steam for me to take you down to Santiago, come with a Sosua/Cabarete golfer who wishes to join in the days fun or alternatively meet me at Santiago course.

PM me or write me an e-mail if you feel playing golf with a BRIT is not going to be too much of a hinderance on your golf swing &/or heart palpitations & we can put a provisional plan together. ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.