Price of beer

M

mrgood1000

How much does the average guy pay for a six pack? How about just a bottle of beer in a neighborhood barrio bar?

I am just curious as to how the average guy buys himself even a drink on such a tiny salary.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
How much does the average guy pay for a six pack? How about just a bottle of beer in a neighborhood barrio bar?

I am just curious as to how the average guy buys himself even a drink on such a tiny salary.

45p for a small, 80 for a big one. Normally don't worry about buying 6 packs. Execept for right now Bohemia lite 3 big ones for 110

May 29, 2006
Also rum is cheap compared to beer. Four guys will split a fifth of rum with 2 liters of Coca-cola and play dominoes for a couple hours. Dominos is a great way to relax-- it's loud, it fast and you have to keep track of what is going on so you try not to get too drunk.

24y4hg0.jpg

Many Dominicans don't hang out at bars. They can be at the local 8'x12' colmado and in front of the store will be the domino table and the guys buy the booze at retail price, not bar price. For the price of a shot in the US, they can get a whole bottle.

I used to play dominos on the beach once in a while with the locals. When I was playing my first games, I bought a small bottle of rum for the table and they let me play with a guy behind me giving me tips. When I came back a day or two later, they had a BIG bottle of rum and shared it with me. That's the kind thing I like to remember from the DR.

The guy in the blue shirt has his arm up in an aggressive pose. He is basically letting the other players know that he knows what they have in their hands and he knows what they are going to play and he is in control of the game.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

To many of the Dominican drinkers, buying alcohol is at the top of the food chain!
It comes before any other family obligation.

There's always money for beer / rum / smokes.

Don

M

mrgood1000

SantiagoDR:

Are you calling the DR a bastard culture? Booze and cigarettes before family!Let me in. I hated my family. I am going to fit right in. I am coming home.