Suncamp DR - Munoz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Is there anyone on here who is renting or has rented one of these apartments in Munoz?
It seems to have grown dramatically from when I remember it as a few apartments and a building with just rooms. It now has 25 apartments and I was wondering if anyone can give me any more info?
And.....
Does anyone have any recent reviews of either the Castillo del Ambar or the Aparthotel Lomar in POP?
Thanks
Rio

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
Is there anyone on here who is renting or has rented one of these apartments in Munoz?
It seems to have grown dramatically from when I remember it as a few apartments and a building with just rooms. It now has 25 apartments and I was wondering if anyone can give me any more info?
And.....
Does anyone have any recent reviews of either the Castillo del Ambar or the Aparthotel Lomar in POP?
Thanks
Rio

Hi There,
I tried to get information about Castillo del Ambar...nada. I had contact (email) with a woman who owns the place and she never did get back to me about pricing or pictures. I spent my time at Hotel KMA(across from Jose Luis). Couldn't have asked for a better location or accomadations.
PM me for their web page, I don't think I can post it in a reply.
Good luck

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Does the KMA have cable tv and are the kitchens equipped? It isn't clear on their website.

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
Kma..

Kitchens are equipped with a few dishes(plates, cups glasses), cutlery, pots and pans. I think we had to ask for a coffee maker. Full size gas stove andfull size frig. Yes they have cable also

Last edited:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Wow,
Thanks for the recommendation for KMA hotel but they have just quoted me 50 US$ per night for their most basic apartment. That works out at 25000 pesos for two weeks and that is way too high for me, I am afraid. I could stay in Playa Dorada all inclusive for less than that. Business is obviously good for them!
Thanks anyway
Rio

Last edited:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I am British, the current US$ rate is 1.46 to the ?. Whatever way I look at it the price for this hotel is double what I would normally pay for a room in POP.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
suncampDR

i was just at suncampdr on monday and might be able to answer a few questions for you. i have never stayed at the apartments there, but i can tell you it's definitely off the beaten path; although nice for what it is.
diane, the ladythat runs it is super nice. ill give you the website and you can check it out more.

Dominican Republic Volunteer Work / Puerto Plata

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I am British, the current US$ rate is 1.46 to the ?. Whatever way I look at it the price for this hotel is double what I would normally pay for a room in POP.

rio, I dont want to disillusion you but you may be hard pressed to find something for half that currently in POP. Having said that, it may depend on your requirements but something along the lines of CDA would unlikey be in that range as most things have gone up a bit I notice.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
i was just at suncampdr on monday and might be able to answer a few questions for you. i have never stayed at the apartments there, but i can tell you it's definitely off the beaten path; although nice for what it is.
diane, the ladythat runs it is super nice. ill give you the website and you can check it out more.

Dominican Republic Volunteer Work / Puerto Plata

Thanks - I do know Diane from years gone by and I know the location very well as I lived and worked in the area for a long while. I just wanted to know what the standard of the apartments were and insider info really.
Thanks anyway.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
rio, I dont want to disillusion you but you may be hard pressed to find something for half that currently in POP. Having said that, it may depend on your requirements but something along the lines of CDA would unlikey be in that range as most things have gone up a bit I notice.

Really? How much is a room at a simple hotel then... like the Lomar?
I think I will give them a ring and see.
I can get 14 nights at the Puerto Plata Village for 580 US$
I may have to review my plans .......:cry:

Rio

Last edited:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Last time I inquired the rooms at Lomar had gone up from 500 pesos a night to 1500 per night.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Really? How much is a room at a simple hotel then... like the Lomar?
I think I will give them a ring and see.
I can get 14 nights at the Puerto Plata Village for 580 US$
I may have to review my plans .......:cry:

Rio

I have never stayed at lomar but it looks like a decent place from the outside.
I know three couples who spent 1 night at CDA last year and were given the "special local rate" of RD$1200. Having said that, if you are staying for 2 weeks they may be willing to negotiate a better deal as I did there some years back.

Wow, if you can get an AI for USD$580, sounds like it may be worthwhile, even if you just use it as a base and are off the resort mostly. Also, PPV is so close to the main gate so easy for transportation access into POP.

Dont get despondent though, I am sure you will figure something out.;)

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
have you had an interesting offers yet by pm .....that you would like to share lol

You haven't changed a bit have you!;)

I have had one or two pms but they were more on the "helpful" side rather than "interesting". You will be the first to know if anything else comes up...... :cheeky: I think I may be camping on the Malecon at this rate.

Rio

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think I may be camping on the Malecon at this rate.

If you are really on a shoestring budget, you could always utilize the "barter system" miamol.:bunny:

$580 for 14 nights including food seems like a no brainer, even if you eat there once a day.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
If you are really on a shoestring budget, you could always utilize the "barter system" miamol.:bunny:

$580 for 14 nights including food seems like a no brainer, even if you eat there once a day.

I think the barter system might be a bit behind me now Tambo'

I think you are right - I can get a similar deal at Fun Royale and a couple of the others but as PPV is right next to the entrance it seems like the best bet. I can always stay out all night if I the need arises......:ermm:

Nothing changes......

Rio

Reactions: Tamborista
Status
Not open for further replies.