Any store/shop for kids in Sosua or Cabarete?

lesia787

Jan 16, 2010
Planning to spend 4-5 month in a year in DR with a child (3 years). Are there any good shops to buy things for children (furniture, things for outdoor playground, toys, clothes) in Sosua or Cabarete?

I apologize for the mistakes, English is not my native language.

May 29, 2006
There are some touristy things like pool toys in Sosua, and then there are some shops with toys in Los Charimicos, which is the local town on the other side of Sosua beach. Unfortunately, most of toys are very low quality there. You can get some kids things in IKEA in Santo Domingo like playhouses and kids furniture. It would be a trip to go there but they will have the quality you want.

I was in the DR when I was little and I really didn't need any toys. There was plenty to explore everywhere and I was especially interested in the little lizards called anoles. There millions and millions on the island most of them around 10 cm long.

lesia787

Jan 16, 2010
Thank you for the prompt reply! Pool toys will do for the beginning (don't want to bring all these things all the way from Russia) and will plan a trip to IKEA to buy furniture etc.

P.S. I lived in Cuba when I was small, enjoyed watching lizards as well. :)

Toys and supplies

Hi there!

Depending on the volume and weight of the toys/supplies you are looking for I would also recommend opening an account with EPS the local mail service/forwarder.

Their office is inside the Ocean Dream Plaza.

I find their rates for smaller items to be very reasonable, and it gets here fast!

Using this method you can find bits and pieces with online shopping and get them right here in Cabarete.

Also you can find a limited selection of kids clothing here in stores like Olivia's (Plaza El Patio) but there are a lot of choices in Puerto Plata or Santiago, and of course in Santo Domingo!

Enjoy!

Laurel

canuckgirl

Nov 1, 2007
Here are two children clothing stores in Sosua:

Chykylynex! Calle Duarte #4, Plaza Galer?a Fuente, Sos?a, 809 571-2093

La rana y la mariposa - 0 to 14 children’s clothes and educational toys
in popular US brands Calle Dr. Alejo Mart?nez, Plaza of Bailey’s Restaurant, Sos?a, 809 571-4692

They both have a nice selection.

You can also buy kids' clothing and toys in the new La Sirena in Puerto Plata, which is within a 1/2 hour drive from Sosua.

Good luck!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
isnt there something next to todo carne opposite tradewinds- something to do with a butterfly and a frog