First time in SD..help!

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Hello!

I will be in the DR this summer(north cost area) and plan on visiting the capital for a few days. In total we will be five people, my friend and I, and our 3 Dominican friends(who have never been to SD).

I want to spend some time exploring zona colonial and go to the guacara taina one night, but other than that i'm a bit clueless! What are some things not to be missed? I'll be spending one day with family friends who have 3 kids, any good recommendations what to do with them(zoo, aquarium, or waterpark?)

For hotels were looking for budget, but not hostel. I've seen quite a bit but would love to hear personal recommendations. A pool would be a bonus;)

This may be a long shot, but are there any Haitian restaurants worth going to?

Thanks!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hello!

I will be in the DR this summer(north cost area) and plan on visiting the capital for a few days..............

What are some things not to be missed? I'll be spending one day with family friends who have 3 kids, any good recommendations what to do with them(zoo, aquarium, or waterpark?)

Thanks!!

Start by reading these:

dr1guide | Santo Domingo | Dominican Republic

Colonial Zone Guide, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/santo-domingo/99849-school-field-trip-santo-domingo.html

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
maybe a day at the beach? boca Chica has a diverse community , from locals to tourists . The hotels there have very reasonable rates and the kids would love the pool not to mention being at the beach , you could probabaly get a efficiency apartment for about 60.00 to 70.00 US but they have stoves to cook so maybe that might be an option , you could try the hotel Costa lunga which is really nice apartments and great quite pool, or maybe the hotel next to the Mango hotel called Bruno Hotel , I think he is probably the most reasonable , both hotels share a common pool and gated parking for car, but he rents cheaper then Mario at the Mango .