Lawyer for getting Dominican Passport in Bavaro Area

Griegos13

Feb 1, 2009
Hola everyone
i am looking for a good reliable lawyer in Bavaro area(preferably in Cortecito,Friusa etc) for obtaining a dominican passport.I live in DR for the past 3 years and i have my cedula for the last 6 months.
Thank you in advance...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This might be a moot question - but why do you want Dominican citizenship? I've been married to a Dominican for over 33 years, but I will never get a Dominican passport, which would be a rather simple process for me, because I've been warned that if I do that and have any sort of problem there, the US Embassy cannot help me. It seems if you carry both passports, their hands are tied if you're on Dominican soil.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

AE

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
A friend of mine needed to become Dominican national for professional reasons, they wouldn't let him work in his job any longer if he did't obtain Dominican citizenship.
He did it without a lawyer because his company helped him through the process.
It doesn't seem to be very complicated. Why don't you just contact Guzma Ariza in Bavaro? I am sure they can help you.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hola everyone
i am looking for a good reliable lawyer in Bavaro area(preferably in Cortecito,Friusa etc) for obtaining a dominican passport.I live in DR for the past 3 years and i have my cedula for the last 6 months.
Thank you in advance...
Are you Haitian??
If so forget it my friend....

JJ

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Do you really think he is going to announce why he wants a second passport?;)

Last edited:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
He will need a legalized birth certification to prove that he was born in DR or that he is born abroad of Dominican parents, other than that he don't need a lawyer.

JJ