Post office in Santiago

anita29

Mar 5, 2009
Where is there a post office in Santiago. Don't know what the area is called but I just need one close to Colinas mall.
Thanks,
Ana

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The Santiago post office in on Calle Del Sol, a couple blocks or so past La Sirena on your left far corner.

I don't recall the intersecting street name.

Don

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
The Santiago post office in on Calle Del Sol, a couple blocks or so past La Sirena on your left far corner.

I don't recall the intersecting street name.

Don

San Luis and Del Sol across the street from McDonalds. En Las Colinas, I dont know but I d suspect there is one by the Palacio de Justicia.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Nope, the one on San Luis is the only one.
At least the only one to buy international stamps at and pick up mail.

i take my son there pretty frequently.
the postal workers are just as... well, they're the same as postal workers in the US

anita29

Mar 5, 2009
Could you please tell me what the intersection is and is that far from las Colinas? How would he get there on Pasola?

Nope, the one on San Luis is the only one.
At least the only one to buy international stamps at and pick up mail.

i take my son there pretty frequently.
the postal workers are just as... well, they're the same as postal workers in the US

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well, Teach the difference is USPS employees go to federal prison for stealing the mail. Here? Nope. Its another patronage job.

The DPO is on San Luis and Calle Del Sol across from McDs. On scooter? Come down 27 de Febrero until you get to the roundabout on Av Carreras go up that till San Luis make right(1-way street). Stay on San Luis for about 6 blocks the PO is on the corner. It looks like a USPO but the bird is like a duck or something.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
ha, racer! patronage job, yes. i imagine a pretty boring one, considering the amount of mail that actually passes through.

though, i will tell you, by accident my aunt sent us a box to our home address instead of our courier service (a mix up caused my a UPS "envio" with a wedding invitation last year). the box was filled with baby clothes, books AND two real silver pendants, a crib charm AND (here's the kicker) an envelope with a 50 dollar bill in it. When she told me she sent it to the house I almost died.
I figured I'd either never get it, get it missing tons of things OR have to pay a ton of duty on it.
It came like two weeks later, completely in tact (50 dollars and all!) and I didn't have to pay any taxes.
I wouldn't take the chance all the time, but all the letters we send out (a lot! i have a kid who loves the stupid post office) get to the states and europe in a fairly timely fashion... and it takes about a month for him to receive his "responses"