About school

Status
Not open for further replies.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
So I tried to enroll in UASD, and they told me I needed to go to the capital, and get things certified, does anyone know and could they explain the process?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
this is the way it was explained to me:
you need to get your transcripts certified at a dominican consulate in your country of origen - it costs a couple bucks and they stick stamps on it to say it's valid.
Then you take it to SD and to get it certified here in the junta.
THEN you take it to the secretaria de educacion superior (also in SD) who will either approve or deny. when that's all done, you take it to the UASD location you're going to study and enroll.

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
I would suggest you look elsewhere for your studies, if possible. UASD's administration is beyond inept. When my wife transferred from UASD in Santiago to PUCMM (because of the lack of a curriculum at UASD), we tried to get a transcript from UASD. One would think this would be a relatively simple procedure.

Well, over the past almost two years, we've paid the transcript fee three times at the Santiago campus and visited the Santo Domingo campus twice and still have not received a transcript. The last time we tried was a few months ago and we were told that we had to order the transcript within one year of the date of transfer.

I still remember the look on the administration official's face when we showed her our receipts for the two previous orders - both well before the one-year point, and both having HER stamp/signature (we dealt with her all 3 times because apparently she is the only person at the Santiago campus that can order transcripts). She couldn't have cared less that we hadn't received the transcript, and would not give us a telephone number or name of anyone at the main Santo Domingo campus that could help us.

My wife is Dominican, so it wasn't just a "failure to communicate" type of thing.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
I've been to PUCMM, and it looks like crap compared to the UASD Campus, and I assume with the boycotts going on in CURSA, pretty soon things should get better, if not, I'll move to SD, and go to the main campus. But I'm pretty much set on UASD.

And how would I go about getting my transcripts certified at a Dominican consulate in the US while being here in DR?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Excuse me? The PUCMM campus looks like crap? I think you are seriously mistaken. 5,000 people come to that campus to walk around it in tranquility, hygiene, safty and peace. It is called the "garden spot of Santiago, with a protected ecosystem, its own water treatment facility, and is certainly the cleanest place in the country, without a paper to be found anywhere.

What on earth are you talkiing about? Somebody took you to UTESA and told you that was PUCMM!!

The UASD in Santiago is on the outskirts of town, surrounded by tiny fast food places and mom and pop stores catering to the students. It can hardly be called a garden at all...

Please find out for sure before you make such patently stupid and careless remarks.

HB

Reactions: AlterEgo

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Looks like I struck a chord.

I have been to UTESA, it's disgusting, and maybe you're recalling on the golden years, because as of December, PUCMM didn't look too good, and CURSA looked rather great, beautiful views, buildings had fresh paint on them, things were being renovated, the grass was green and even, just looked better.

If that's any indication of the quality of teaching, when there aren't any huelgas going on, what can I say but the truth.

And what does it matter if there are fast food places surrounding the campus?

And while were at it, in CURSA, there were guards at the gate, which is good, but at PUCMM, why the hell are there little fat men with shotguns everywhere?
Mind you, these people have no training what so ever, I say this because of the dudes I saw holding a shotgun with one hand, with their finger on the trigger, pointing the thing at whatever direction was more comfortable

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I used to visit the PUCMM campus in Santiago in the late 90's and always found it a nice place to be. The guys with the guns are probably to protect the rich kids who go there.

I have only been on the UASD campuses in Santo Domingo and San Francisco de Macoris. Less organized, crowded and huelgas are common. It is cheaper.

FriendyAnil

Mar 22, 2010
I was thinking before and came up with an interesting question....How long can you except a relationship you start in high-school to last? I mean really... i'm just getting into a relationship and i'm almost 17, i'm a junior in highschool... is it possible to carry it on past graduation next year? I'm really looking forward to whats to come but it saddens me to think it might last a year max... any ideas? I know college is supposed to bring new oppertunities etc. but this is all assuming that i want to carry on the current relationship....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Man, I do not know what you saw or where you were but it is certainly not what I see most days. Those "fat little men" are trained, and while they might look careless, they have all passed shooting tests with those bulldog shotgun. They are there to prevent stealing, valdalism, and other petty crimes. There is no hawking on campus, there are no interruptions of class.

Of course, if you can't cut the academics, you get kicked out so you can go to the UASD or UTESA..you'll graduate....eventually.

And no the guards are not there to protect the rich kids (some of their dads provide their own body guards) they are there for everyone's protection and peace of mind.

You will never, ever, see people walking the UASD campus for fun or enjoyment. I really wonder if you actually saw the PUCMM campus at all.

No nerves, shoot, if you want to go to the UASD, go ahead...of course you'll probably end up working for someone from the PUCMM....unless you are in government!!!

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I've been to PUCMM, and it looks like crap compared to the UASD Campus, and I assume with the boycotts going on in CURSA, pretty soon things should get better, if not, I'll move to SD, and go to the main campus. But I'm pretty much set on UASD.

This is funny!!! You made me laugh.
Man how in in the world con you say that PUCMM looks like crap compared wit UASD...
Say that you can't afford to go to PUCMM, only people with very low incomes go to UASD in DR as this is a government supported university and what I heard almost everyday in the news is that the students are striking for many reason. some people need 10 years to finish a career of 5 years.

Good luck

JJ

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Nah dude, I can assure you, no matter what school I go to I'll end up in the practicing in the US.

And from what I've been told, from doctors practicing now, and some that have just gotten out of both school, there is no difference in the quality of education. Seems like you've been brainwashed by Dominican ignorance. Because 10 years ago, there were more trees in PUCMM, the education is instantly better?

Anyways, can anyone please answer my question above?

How do I go about certifying my paperwork in a DR consulate in the US while being here in DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No you won't. You will not make it. The UASD will take maybe 10 years of your life with a really poor track record on the Medical Boards you need to pass in order to get into residence program in the States.
Anyone that tells you that there is no difference is lying to you. Like saying that Harvard and Kansas are the same or MIT and Brooklyn Poly are the same. There are things called laboratories, professional teachers, programs, recognition of schools. Not all have them.

UTESA is not recognized by several state boards. That leaves INTEC, UNPHU, UNIBE, UCE or PUCMM...You can't cut PUCMM, at least you do not seem to be very well educated, so try UNIBE, you can study in English and they do have a good med program. Do not try INTEC, they will cut your ba!!s off there. UCE you can do or the UASD in Santo Domingo, if they decide to give classes.

As to how to certify your HS stuff in the states?? Simple, have your mom do it or go and do it yourself at the consulate. It is just time consuming. Also get a good conduct paper from the local cops,a birth certificate (original) and a few photographs.

HB

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Actually, I am very well educated, and if you are correct, then in 6 months I'll be at PUCMM. We'll see.

By the way, you are a wonderful role model.

?

? bient?t

"[e]l 80% de trabajos de tesis de grado y postgrado ten?an indicios de fraude." Ei pipo, co?o!

La Rep?blica - El fraude con tesis mueve cada a?o RD$100 millones

It's a big deal at UASD. How 'bout at PUCMM? If so, where on the Internets can I find DR plagiarism jokes?

But, seriously now, folks: with so many doctors, lawyers, and such, you're bound to run into a fake one sooner or later.

I wonder if the 20% who didn't plagiarize their final work were actually honest throughout their entire time at school. After all, over 2.3 million assignments were plagiarized just in 2009.

This is not enough for the OP to reconsider, but...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Actually, I am very well educated, and if you are correct, then in 6 months I'll be at PUCMM. We'll see.

By the way, you are a wonderful role model.

Disrespecting anyone trying to help is no way to go about having your questions answered, especially someone like Hillbilly who has forgotten more about the DR educational system than you will ever know.

CLOSED.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.