Cabarete/Sosua to Punta Cana

laurg

Jun 30, 2009
Hello everyone, I have a quick question.
Other than rent a car and drive there, what other options do I have to get from Cabarere/Sosua area to Punta Cana? Also, how long is the drive?
Thanks in advance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
another alternative is a taxi. car/taxi will take about 8hrs and a bus, gosh, methinks all day with the change and all that. plane is def the quickest way but probably most expensive too...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hello everyone, I have a quick question.
Other than rent a car and drive there, what other options do I have to get from Cabarere/Sosua area to Punta Cana? Also, how long is the drive?
Thanks in advance.

I have done the bus from POP-PUJ several times and its not all that bad...as long as you have your down jacket and ear muffs with you!;).

Seriously, check out Caribe tours from Sosua. The first bus usually leaves around 6am and with a bit of luck, you can make the 10am Bavaro Express from SD-PUJ. If you wish to wait, the next express bus leaves SD at 2pm and these buses depart from the parada on Maximo Gomez.

Alternatively, you can transfer to Parque Enriqillo and get on a bus all the way to La Romana or Higuey. This obviously involves a lot more changing and would also depend on how much luggage you are travelling with...I have only done this multiple bus changing with some hand luggage myself.

Good luck. You can also use the "search" function as this has been widely covered and you may find some other helpful suggestions.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Quicker?

another alternative is a taxi. car/taxi will take about 8hrs and a bus, gosh, methinks all day with the change and all that. plane is def the quickest way but probably most expensive too...

With the new road after Nagua to the south it should be quicker no?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have never travelled nagua-SD road but i do not think buses go that way yet. a car - yes, faster, i think but SD-PUJ is not the best road.
it took us all day to drive from POP to PUJ because we got lost several times since higuey (no bloody road signs :( )

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
i have never travelled nagua-SD road but i do not think buses go that way yet. a car - yes, faster, i think but SD-PUJ is not the best road.
it took us all day to drive from POP to PUJ because we got lost several times since higuey (no bloody road signs :( )

Well I know the road sign problems, but I know the way. Have not gone the new road yet. So u pay 500 pesos right? And no problems going with a motorbike I guess. Same fee, or?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well I know the road sign problems, but I know the way. Have not gone the new road yet. So u pay 500 pesos right? And no problems going with a motorbike I guess. Same fee, or?

Motorbike is free.