Where is the Junta Office in Santo Domingo?

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
I need some documents legalized for the immigration process and everyone posts to go to the Junta Central Electoral office in Santo Domingo. However I can not figure out where exactly is this office located. Google Maps lists one street and the website seems to have a lot of addresses for Santo Domingo. My husband does not know Santo Domingo and I would like to know prior to leaving what street it is on. Does anyone know? Thank you so much!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Here is the website for the Junta

JCE.DO - Junta Central Electoral de la Rep?blica Dominicana

But are you sure that this is where you should go? Since you don't want to waste time, I would suggest you post a question in the Legal section stating the type of documents you need to have legalized and ask where this should be done.

If it is the right place, here is the address:

Ave. 27 de Febrero esq. Ave. Luper?n (Frente a la Plaza de la Bandera)

Your husband may not know SD, but taxi drivers do. Take a tax and save yourself a lot of worry.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
4458077410_0a35d94e36.jpg

Reactions: bigbird

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Unless things have changed in the past 3 years, the place shown above IS NOT the place to go. This is the Junta Central office where you get your cedula (only)

Legalization is done in a building near the Senate, etc. If you turn east from Ave Jimenez Moya (the bottom part of Winston Churchill) on to Ave Independencia, go 2 blocks and the Lottery office is on the right side. Turn right (south or towards the ocean) and go to the second corner. The building on the right, which occupies the entire block, is where you need to go. (ask anyone nearby and they will point for you)

This building is located at the corner of Calle Juan de Dios Ventura Simo y Calle Horacio Vicoso.

To do this, you need to go early in the day (like between 7am -9am), present your documents and payment, and then wait. The earlier you come, the earlier you leave.

If this has changed, please correct me anyone.

Reactions: bigbird