Accusations by UN and US.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
United Nations and Dep of State accused Dominican Republic of being racist and discriminatory against Haitiens. Especially in this time of uncounted suffering for the brotherly people when all remaining border barriers and blocks must be removed in the spirit of the good neighbourhood relations.

DR Government responded that plans of the fusion of two nations are underway.

Puntos de vista - La acusaci?n de la ONU

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
DR Government responded that plans of the fusion of two nations are underway.

I don't see where the author has mentioned that he is the representative voice of the Dominican government - after all the article is titled "point of view"

Rather, this is an opinion piece calling Dominicans to be aware of the danger of letting the international community dictate policy with regard to Haitian immigration. There is therefore no "fusion" occurring, even though this guy seems to think illegal aliens will soon be voting. This is more or less an alarmist article imo.

Mar 1, 2009
Not only are illegal aliens voting but so are dead people! Sometimes people even vote twice. Sonia Foot (pie) might even run for diputada AND win! It could happen.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Not only are illegal aliens voting but so are dead people! Sometimes people even vote twice. Sonia Foot (pie) might even run for diputada AND win! It could happen.

Oh I didn't know the Dominican government gave rights to illegal aliens to vote. Funny that as I'm legal and my cedula says no vota.