A Serious Fan of the Man-- Applause!!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
In case you were not aware our own HILLBILLY is being honored by being inducted into the SPORTS HALL OF FAME of the Dominican Republic. His contributions are wide and varied, but highlights include:

1965 to Present

Taught Judo, founding the local association and serving on the board of directors of the national federation.

1970 ? 1975

Founder of the local soccer association and member of the board of directors of the national federation

Founder of the first inter university sports competitions that included all of the universities in the Dominican Republic at that time.

Founder of the Santiago Sports Union

Named Executive Vice-President of the Organizing Committee for the XV Central American and Caribbean Games, Santiago ?86. Acted as President of the Organizing Committee, and finally as the Secretary General of the Organizing Committee for these games which hosted 29 countries.

1986 to Present

Member of different golf clubs, most importantly serving as board member for Santiago Golf Club. Trained young golfers.

THIS IS A MAN WHO DESERVES APPLAUSE FOR HIS WORK AND DEDICATION TO ATHLETICS IN HIS COUNTRY AND COMMUNITY. BRAVO HB AND CONGRATS ON THIS HONOR....PLEASE GRACE US WITH SOME PICTURES OF THE PARTY!

Reactions: Frank the Tank

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Congrats HB. You're an example to be followed by ex-pats and Dominicans alike...You have made great contributions to my country (your adopted country) and for that I as a Dominican am infinitely grateful. Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you someday.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

elaine grill

Jan 17, 2010
Congratulations HB

Congratulations HB...I had the pleasure of meeting you recently. You have a great hospitality for people (even if they do just show up on your doorstep). It looks as if you have a long history for the sports in the DR & your award is well earned.
Elaine :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A living legend. Congratulations on being recognized for your contributions to Dominican sports and Dominican young people.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Main Girl's enthusiasm has run amok...While I do appreciate the good wishes, the ceremony is for the Santiago Sports Hall of Fame, not the Dominican Republic's HOF...I wish!!

However, I am indeed pleased with the recognition, that is for sure. And your good wishes are quite welcome.

Thanks all.

Luis

Reactions: Adrian Bye

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Congratulation Mr. Luis, even thought i do not post that much anymore.It is a great recognition.

Take care

Tony Cabrera