neighbour just told me he will poisen my dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
my german neighboard just came over, he lives 1 house across mine and told me he would poison my dogs if they dont stop barking.

from his attitude i know he will in fact poison my dogs and there have been other dogs that died, what do you suggest to do right now ?

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
shoot him in the face.

obviously for legal reasons you cant do that, but keep a close eye on him and your dogs, if you catch him posining them take pictures, and take the dogs to the vet asap,

i understand his side of the story that barking dogs for no reason can become very irritating, surely there are other ways around it though, other than poising them.

Discuss the matter with him maturely, if he carrys on, harrasing you and your dogs with threats, my best advice would to be to tell the policia, im not sure they would do anything, but am sure they will if you give them a little "bonus"

Hope all works out for you, if he trys poisining your dogs i wouldnt take that kind of macho attitude, and would make sure he got poisoned too,

none of my advice is probablly legal advice, so please take it with a pinch of salt, they are just suggestions, but on the other hand people cant just go around posioning dogs when they want! especially if the dogs are under ownership,

i think the best advice i gave was my opening line, but thats my personal non legal opinion.

Hope all goes well.

Last edited:

flo

Apr 11, 2006
i told him i have a shutgun which i do, but this doesnt bring me any closer to live in peace, iam german myself but somehow it does seem that just a lot of germans are real assholes

police etc probaly wont do anything

i tried to talk to him but i dont think it helped, we had another poison case just the house next to mine recently

i do understand that the dogs are anoying and i actually try everything i can, but as soon i leave the house they start barking until i get back

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
Sounds like a case of giving your dogs too much attention, which is fair enough, but this leads to this problem!

The police will do something if you give them an early pay packet.

Tell them your problems, and slip them a nice green money note ;-)

I wouldnt trust him any longer, or leave your dogs at home, he could poison some meat and chuck it over, by the time you get home your dogs may not be alive....and you dont want that.

dont let this prick boss you about, and dont let him think hes king of the neighbourhood,

by the way does he have dogs?

flo

Apr 11, 2006
he said he is a dog lover and he will be getting a dog himself soon, but he just cant stand the barking of my dogs.
i almost never leave the house and when iam in the house they dont bark at all, he is just beeing an ignorant ass as you saying trying to be the german king of the neighborhood

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
what do you suggest to do right now ?

First examine the cause of his complaint. Are your dogs barking incessantly, maybe when you are not there? Have a third party go and check when you are out. If that is the case, take some action to curb the barking (either training the dogs, having someone else in the home when you are out, etc etc). Be seen to be acknowledging the cause of his complaint if indeed he has just cause. Do you discipline your dogs for excessive barking when you are there, or maybe you just don't hear it? Some owners don't. Btw I have dog companions but we make sure to tell ours in no uncertain terms when they have barked enough!

He could complain in a legal fashion either throught the Junta de Vecinos if there is one or using the legislation I posted on this thread, post 11:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/101615-so-begins-2.html

If there are no grounds for his complaint, you could complain to the Fiscal about his threats.

Ah, I've just noticed you admit he has cause to complain. Get someone to be at your home when you're out, someone who will control the dogs. Incessant barking can be very annoying.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
as i say i barely leave the house and only when i do its when they start barking.

i did agree with him that they are anoying and it has to stop, but they are 1- 5 year old mother with 2- 6 month old puppies which still need some training, and i said that you cannot train a 6 month old puppy in a day, by the way they are dachshund, not a great dane or anything big, but rather small dogs.

we are located in sosua

sorry just cant HIRE someone to be at my house at anytime when i leave it

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
he said he is a dog lover and he will be getting a dog himself soon, but he just cant stand the barking of my dogs.
i almost never leave the house and when iam in the house they dont bark at all, he is just beeing an ignorant ass as you saying trying to be the german king of the neighborhood

maybe your dogs are the problem,keep them in your house all the time,or figure out how to get them to stop barking....barking dogs are a big problem,and dominicans donot stand for it either...they usually shoot them...or a little antifreeze in hamburger...
but,just shut your dogs up and all will be well....
bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Barking dogs can be intensely annoying, and this is coming from another animal lover. Where we live one of the neighbours used to leave his dog on the balcony when he went out, resulting in hours of heart-rending yowling. If he stayed out all night, we were treated to an all-night dog opera, especially effective when other neighbourhood dogs joined in. We also have neighbours with yippy little chihuahuas that bark hysterically and incessantly when left alone.
It makes me wish I could poison the owners, actually.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
dogs that bark all the time are no use to anyone , as if you get a break in everyone will just assume they are doing their usual barking for no reason.
Maybe one of them starts the others off so you could take one out with you...if they are barking for you to come home - wait outside until they are quiet before you enter or they will assume that their barking brought you back

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have 6 dogs and experience similar problems. They tend to bark more when they have pent up energy, you could try taking them on long walks, not sure if this is an option for you. There are also barking devices that work with mixed results, most of them on the lower end of 'mixed.'

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
sorry just cant HIRE someone to be at my house at anytime when i leave it

Of course not, but as you say you go out infrequently, maybe you could time your trips out for when a maid or gardener might be present? Or ask friends to sit in for a while? Or set up a sitting-in mutual help group with others with the same problem?

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
dog barking

Of course not, but as you say you go out infrequently, maybe you could time your trips out for when a maid or gardener might be present? Or ask friends to sit in for a while? Or set up a sitting-in mutual help group with others with the same problem?

I have dogs and as an owner you are responsible to make them respectful neighbors!! If you can't or don't know how you need to learn. Why would you expect someone else to put up with all the noise when you are out???? It is ludicris to expect your neighbors to endure this.... lock them in the house, windows closed and mitigate the noise if you cannot control them

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
You could get 'bark collars'. Some give a very small 'zap' when the dog barks, others work with water, the dog gets a squirt of water. They're used a lot in the US.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
There re collars you can buy that give them a little shock (you can set the level) when they bark. You can put these on them when you go out. My sister lives in a rural area where their dogs are outside all day when they are at work and it works well. Not sure where you can buy them in the DR but I'm sure you could also order them off the internet. Also, do not worry - they don't hurt the dog but they don't like the shock sensation and they soon realize that barking causes the shock action so they stop.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
Never had that problem with a cat...

This is what i used to think, i now have a sphinx, althought the neighbours dont complain, i really wish it would just shut the fuk up sometimes, none of the other 5 cats meow as much as he does, this irritates the **** out of me....

but you live and learn! :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.