Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Serious Fan of the Man-- Applause!!

In case you were not aware our own HILLBILLY is being honored by being inducted into the SPORTS HALL OF FAME of the Dominican Republic. His contributions are wide and varied, but highlights include:

1965 to Present

Taught Judo, founding the local association and serving on the board of directors of the national federation.

1970 – 1975

Founder of the local soccer association and member of the board of directors of the national federation

Founder of the first inter university sports competitions that included all of the universities in the Dominican Republic at that time.

Founder of the Santiago Sports Union

Named Executive Vice-President of the Organizing Committee for the XV Central American and Caribbean Games, Santiago ’86. Acted as President of the Organizing Committee, and finally as the Secretary General of the Organizing Committee for these games which hosted 29 countries.

1986 to Present

Member of different golf clubs, most importantly serving as board member for Santiago Golf Club. Trained young golfers.

THIS IS A MAN WHO DESERVES APPLAUSE FOR HIS WORK AND DEDICATION TO ATHLETICS IN HIS COUNTRY AND COMMUNITY. BRAVO HB AND CONGRATS ON THIS HONOR....PLEASE GRACE US WITH SOME PICTURES OF THE PARTY!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats are in order!!!!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats HB. You're an example to be followed by ex-pats and Dominicans alike...You have made great contributions to my country (your adopted country) and for that I as a Dominican am infinitely grateful. Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you someday.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoaw! Congratulations.
    Can we brag on you now, Hillbilly?

... J-D.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats HB! Here it is in print - I liked 'El Salón de la Fama del Deporte de Santiago (SAFADESA) exaltará a la inmortalidad un total de 6 ex atletas y dirigentes de esta ciudad, en su V ceremonial' (emboldening mine)

Anuncia exaltación el domingo de seis ex atletas y dirigentes

If the immortality bit is correct, HB will be with us forever!

And don't forget his other great contributions as a teacher. I found this on You Tube
    Pucmm 07 - Luis Midence III Explicando

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly, I salute you!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congratulations HB

Congratulations HB...I had the pleasure of meeting you recently. You have a great hospitality for people (even if they do just show up on your doorstep). It looks as if you have a long history for the sports in the DR & your award is well earned.
    Elaine

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly hat's off to you man, you are our elder statesman 4sho! Clap them hands peeps!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A living legend. Congratulations on being recognized for your contributions to Dominican sports and Dominican young people.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bien hecho!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast