Need a House keeper in Puerta Plata

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I need a housekeeper/cleaning lady Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I know very few people in the city and those that I ask don?t know of any persons that are available for work. Is there some type of agency or any other means of how I could go about finding a qualified housekeeper? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
White Light

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I don't know of any agency and in any event, you really want to go on personal recommendation for something like this. There are a lot of people in Puerto Plata looking for work so it's a little strange that no-one you have asked knows anyone.

I see you have been living here for about 4 years so you probably know more people than you realise.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/54585-new-mail-service-cheaper-rates.html#post440423

Keep persevering with asking people. The problem with taking the recommendation of someone you don't know, on a message board, is that if something goes wrong with the arrangement, you could feel it was the fault of the person making the recommendation. Many posters are aware of this, so are hesitant to recommend to people they don't know.

Which reminds me, how did you get on with the dentist? You didn't post a follow up, so I do hope everything went ok.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/100863-need-dentist-recommendation-pop.html#post834655

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hmmmmmmm,
My caddie at the golf course was asking me the other day if I knew anyone looking for a cleaner/house keeper as his sister had just been laid off by one of the hotels.

I'll check him out more fully & get details re contact numbers etc. once I see how you respond to Lambada's request for update, where you live & what your pay structure is likely to be. I certainly don't want to upset my caddie by building up his sister's hopes only to have a no show situation. Been there, done that & she (Lambada) wrote the book!:cheeky:! THAT enquiry for a cleaner/house keeper was for a DR1 enquirer too & was with OUR cleaner!! ~ Grahame.:ermm:

white light

Sep 25, 2006
My friends keep telling me that they don't know anyone name would recommend for housekeeping. They're concerned with not knowing the person well enough and the person being dishonest or stealing.

Yes, I went to the Dentist and everything was fine. Just went yesterday. thank you for the recommendation. It was a big help.

Kind regards,
white light

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I pay every two weeks 3,000 pesos. I believe that is the correct pay. I live in Puerto Plata. If this helps you Any. If you would like more information send a private message and I will respond. Thank you.