Trace Find a person through Cell Phone Number?

igr40

Sep 20, 2009
I have a persons cell phone number and want to locate their home address in DR ?Is this possible

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
I have a persons cell phone number and want to locate their home address in DR ?Is this possible

Unlike other countries there are only two area codes here. 809 and 829 for the whole country.

There is a method for descerning between cell and landline and you could also see what phone company it is, tricom, orange, ect... More than that I think you are SOL.

As is with most things here though, I'm sure a friend in a high place could help but good luck with that.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
When someone gets a cell phone they need either a Cedula or a Passport to get it.

If you have connections with someone in the cell phone company you can easily get this info. If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows. But is is possible to trace this.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
When someone gets a cell phone they need either a Cedula or a Passport to get it.

If you have connections with someone in the cell phone company you can easily get this info. If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows. But is is possible to trace this.
Yeah, right!

An American friend wanted to get a cell phone and they asked for that information.
He stepped outside and paid a guy 50 pesos to use his cedular to purchase the phone.
Another just used a cedular from one of his many girlfriends.

No Problem!

So much for the idea of tracing to whom or to what addresse it is registered.

Don

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yeah, right!

An American friend wanted to get a cell phone and they asked for that information.
He stepped outside and paid a guy 50 pesos to use his cedular to purchase the phone.
Another just used a cedular from one of his many girlfriends.

No Problem!

So much for the idea of tracing to whom or to what addresse it is registered.

Don

If you read my post the first time you would see this:

If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Not really anymore...............

You can narrow it down by filling in three digits (after the area code*), at least you'd have the provider company.

-. Indotel .- Instituto Dominicano de las Telecomunicaciones - Cdigos NXX

Good luck.

*)
The new code 849 cannot be accessed yet.

donP

It just gives you a guide.........an employee of mine just had his number transferred from Codetel to Orange under the new law where you can "keep" your number............so even though the chart shows Codetel it is now Orange.......The chart only shows the original company the prefix was assigned to.....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If you read my post the first time you would see this:

If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows.
Yes, I read your post and I saw THAT, I was expanding upon it, to show how simple it is to get a cell phone without any ID that is yours.

Don't get so bent out of shape over it!

Don

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You can by new cell phones from some street carts without showing a cedula.

Many people have false addresses on their cedulas.