Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trace Find a person through Cell Phone Number?

I have a persons cell phone number and want to locate their home address in DR ?Is this possible

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a chance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igr40 View Post
    I have a persons cell phone number and want to locate their home address in DR ?Is this possible
    Unlike other countries there are only two area codes here. 809 and 829 for the whole country.

There is a method for descerning between cell and landline and you could also see what phone company it is, tricom, orange, ect... More than that I think you are SOL.

As is with most things here though, I'm sure a friend in a high place could help but good luck with that.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When someone gets a cell phone they need either a Cedula or a Passport to get it.

If you have connections with someone in the cell phone company you can easily get this info. If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows. But is is possible to trace this.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    When someone gets a cell phone they need either a Cedula or a Passport to get it.

If you have connections with someone in the cell phone company you can easily get this info. If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows. But is is possible to trace this.
    Yeah, right!

An American friend wanted to get a cell phone and they asked for that information.
    He stepped outside and paid a guy 50 pesos to use his cedular to purchase the phone.
    Another just used a cedular from one of his many girlfriends.

No Problem!

So much for the idea of tracing to whom or to what addresse it is registered.

[FONT="Verdana"]Don
    [/FONT]

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Step

You can narrow it down by filling in three digits (after the area code*), at least you'd have the provider company.

-. Indotel .- Instituto Dominicano de las Telecomunicaciones - Cdigos NXX

Good luck.

*)
    The new code 849 cannot be accessed yet.

donP

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igr40 View Post
    Call and ask them.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    Yeah, right!

An American friend wanted to get a cell phone and they asked for that information.
    He stepped outside and paid a guy 50 pesos to use his cedular to purchase the phone.
    Another just used a cedular from one of his many girlfriends.

No Problem!

So much for the idea of tracing to whom or to what addresse it is registered.

[FONT="Verdana"]Don
    [/FONT]
    If you read my post the first time you would see this:

If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Not really anymore...............

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    You can narrow it down by filling in three digits (after the area code*), at least you'd have the provider company.

-. Indotel .- Instituto Dominicano de las Telecomunicaciones - Cdigos NXX

Good luck.

*)
    The new code 849 cannot be accessed yet.

donP
    It just gives you a guide.........an employee of mine just had his number transferred from Codetel to Orange under the new law where you can "keep" your number............so even though the chart shows Codetel it is now Orange.......The chart only shows the original company the prefix was assigned to.....

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    If you read my post the first time you would see this:

If it is a Cedula,it has an address on it. Whether or not it is legit, or even if this is the person that actually has the phone now who knows.
    Yes, I read your post and I saw THAT, I was expanding upon it, to show how simple it is to get a cell phone without any ID that is yours.

Don't get so bent out of shape over it!

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast