Vote for Miss Republica Dominicana Universo 2010

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
errrrm they dont look real - some look like the same girl with a different hairstyle, are they all photoshopped lol

Its really spooky but all their eyes look the same

May 29, 2006
Funny you should mention Avatar. The alien love interest was played by the 1/2 Dominican actress Zoe-Saldana. She looks way better than any of the contestants as far I care, but then she does't have 1/4" of make-up either:

Zoe-Saldana.jpg

She also played Uhura in last year's Star Trek.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Ok, I guess a little make up is acceptable ! ! !

The Huge Rings Are The New Thing as I have been noticing lately

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
and photo shopped, airbrushed and edited fotos also.

Yes many of those photos are photoshopped 'till their eyes almost bled. Yuck.
A little is fine but many of those were far to excessive.

That's what you get when anyone with internet can get photoshop.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
That is a little bit sad, to be honest.

Even though I find beauty contests are possibly the most irrelevant construct humanity has managed to spew forth, at least there are usually lots of hot chicks to look at!

Maybe I would need to see the bikini competition to be sure, but I find this gallery a little disturbing.

This could be the provisional candidate list for the 2014 elections?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
It feels like they have elections here every six months - but either would do.

It seems that beauty pageants are becoming a good qualifier for politics.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Our gorgeous 18 yr old Dominican niece, who sent me the link, urged me to vote for Raigna Vargas Joga (Monse?or Nouel). She and her friends are really into this.

I have to say I'm surprised that most of the critical comments on the photos came from men, I expected it to be the DR1 women who opposed beauty contests/participants.

Show me a photo of a beauty contestant anywhere in the world that hasn't been retouched - it's part of the process!

I think San Pedro de Macoris has gorgeous eyes, and San Cristobal great cheekbones.

AE

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
errrrm they dont look real - some look like the same girl with a different hairstyle, are they all photoshopped lol

Its really spooky but all their eyes look the same

The formats of all the head shots appear to be identical. My guess is they were all done at the same place, and the same person did all of the makeup, and just didn't have enough time or creativity to work with the girl's individual charactoristics and used a cookie cutter approach.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think that theytry to obtain a LOOK that will win, as appossed to just looking natural. That said there are several that are quite striking. Libell Duran Caba is very cute, and Ms Independencia andd Ms Hermanas Mirabal are beauiful girls.

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
I could not help but notice that there was not a single morena amoung the choices. Are darker women not considered beautiful too? The group was certainly not representative of the DR's rich mix of race. Too bad.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I could not help but notice that there was not a single morena amoung the choices. Are darker women not considered beautiful too? The group was certainly not representative of the DR's rich mix of race. Too bad.

How dark do you want them Ms Independencia, Pedernales, and La Romana are not light skins, and I bet in person many of them are darker than in the pictures.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Every year someone points this out. There is indeed a "class system" here in the DR where lighter skin is preferred. This contest points that out.

Even with that type of interaction it doesnt matter because THESE WOMEN ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE. Everyone here has seen prettier women waiting for the carro publicos than exist in the entire category of candidates here.