Nikki Beach Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
I just saw on Facebook that Nikki Beach is sending thier marketing team to Cabarete in April and are planning a soft opening in June. Does anyone know where they are opening in Cabarete? It is a resort or just a nightclub?

Reactions: mike l

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
for what it's worth... i've heard opas as well as running the restaurant/bar at millenium. whether they will manage the millenium rentals as well, i don't know

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
the beach club will be opas and the hotel and villas en encuentro beach and it will be designed by Sara Garcia

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
$$$$ talks....

I am old enough to have seen $$$$ make less than desirable changes in some places along the NJ coastline. Yes, just like RD, NJ has Public Trust Doctrine that guarantees access to the Ocean. But some towns/developers have done things to put up "road blocks". For example, no on-street parking and $200 parking fines, enacted and enforced specifically to keep those riffraff surfers from THEIR ocean. Money talks. Legal battles have been won in the states thanks to environmental groups like Surfrider but its a constant battle against some (not all) with $$$$ and the attitude that goes with it. Someone builds an exclusive complex, then next thing they want is an exclusive beachfront.
I don't think the forces behind this kind of thing in DR are all Dominicans, most likely foreign $$$$.

Look I am sensitive to the need for jobs but you can not kill the golden goose in the process.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
For those that can't read their facebook page... a few excerpts

• Company Overview:
    Nikki Beach is the ultimate beach club concept that brings dining, fashion, music and entertainment together earning itself, as quoted by the London Observer, the undisputed reputation as being the ?The Sexiest Place on Earth?.

It is here that you will find a unique blend of gorgeous people from all parts of the globe sharing languid afternoons and endless nights. Nikki Beach is world renowned for its surreal beauty and ambiance. It is one of the few places on the planet that champagne & cocktails at noon, accompanied by contemporary European delights & mood enhancing tunes, is a consistent reality.

Designed in simplistic elegance, all the venues contain the same elements that bring nature into this luxury lifestyle?Furniture made of natural woods from Vietnam, throw pillows made of organic fabrics, free flowing white linen curtains, plush champagne beds and our signature teepee.
  • We are ecstatic to announce that we will open Nikki Beach soon on the north coast of the Dominican Republic!!!!!!
    March 22 at 1:47pm
  • We are under construction in Cabarete and very excited to be in the D.R.!!!
    March 22 at 6:01pm
  • We have our opening team coming after Easter. What good events are going on in Late April and May in the country for us to attend?
    March 23 at 8:05am
  • Does anyone know when the Cabarete Kitesurfing championships are this year?
  • Hello everyone, we are very excited about coming to DR. We have a few of the marketing team comin in April to start hitting the town. Are there any good parties or events in April after Easter they should attend.
    March 25 at 10:57am
  • Hello everyone. Our team will be moving in to Cabarette right after Easter. So we will be announcing our locations then and start working to open sometime in June with a soft opening. We cannot wait to get started!
    Sat at 6:52pm

Looking at their other websites, photos & message boards they seem to be a pretty snooty crowd - a place to be seen and brag about having been there. For the wannabe elite. '... champagne & cocktails at noon, accompanied by contemporary European delights & mood enhancing tunes...' They may have to lower their standards to have attract a sizeable crowd around here ;)

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
feeling better

....Look I am sensitive to the need for jobs but you can not kill the golden goose in the process.

I looked at their Facebook page. I dont think I have to worry about them getting snooty possessive about beach access, seems like they would be encouraging. I don't care about what type of hotel, I dont have to patronize, to each their own...

I'm going to tread lightly as there was a fair amount of "excitement" about potential employment and we all know that is NEEDED.

Status
Not open for further replies.