Bus from Las Terrenas to Boca Chica?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hola all-

Can you please advise on the best way to get from Las Terrenas to the Neptuno Refugio Hotel which is next to the huge Oasis Huamaca in Boca Chica?
My hubby needs to stay there the night before an early morning flight from SDQ-

Muchas gracias, amigos!
Susan

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
I do not wish to pay $200 for a 2-hour taxi ride for one person-- That is only best when several passengers are traveling!

Reactions: Bronxboy

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Hola all-

Can you please advise on the best way to get from Las Terrenas to the Neptuno Refugio Hotel which is next to the huge Oasis Huamaca in Boca Chica?
My hubby needs to stay there the night before an early morning flight from SDQ-

Muchas gracias, amigos!
Susan

take the 7am bus from LT to SD.when you depart the bus station in SD,you are only a block or 2 from bus to boca chica....any one at bus station will tell you how to get there...
or,take a taxi from the bus station to hotel in BC for around 1000.pesos
the bus to SD is 250 pesos per...
bob

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks very much, Bob-- Do you happen to know the time of the later buses from LT to Sto. Domingo? This sounds like the way to go!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
if the bus goes down the new highway why not just get off at the end of the road and get a concho 5 mins into Boca Chica???

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
if the bus goes down the new highway why not just get off at the end of the road and get a concho 5 mins into Boca Chica???

Thank you for this additional help!

So my husband could take Caribe Tours bus to the end of the highway and then a concho to Boca Chica--He needs to get to the Neptuno Refugio next to the Oasis Huamaca and he speaks very little Spanish!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

So my husband could take Caribe Tours bus to the end of the highway and then a concho to Boca Chica--He needs to get to the Neptuno Refugio next to the Oasis Huamaca and he speaks very little Spanish!!

First you need to make sure the bus he takes uses the new highway. I may be wrong but I believe not all LT-SD buses use this route.

Second, a motoconcho from the Caribe bus stop on the avenida las americas to Boca Chica? NOT me.............. I would take my chances and cross the highway and hop on a guagua to BC.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004

this is not caribe tours....they do not go to LT...It is the regular guagua,air conditioned,and safe...no stops except tp pick up people in Sanchez...
bob

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
this is not caribe tours....they do not go to LT...It is the regular guagua,air conditioned,and safe...no stops except tp pick up people in Sanchez...
bob

and yes,you can get a taxi at end of new highway,directly to BC...I forgot that they do stop there for you if you ask....always a taxi waiting...

bob

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bob

I know there is a Caribe Tours bus that goes on the new highway to Samana. Do you know if Sanchez is as far as the bus goes?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
goes to Samana,not LT...you can get off in Sanchez...
bob
Thanks,,,,,,,,,, so could you get off on the highway at the turn off for LT and take other transportation to LT? Just curious as I agree catching an A/C guagua in LT would be the easiest.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
and yes,you can get a taxi at end of new highway,directly to BC...I forgot that they do stop there for you if you ask....always a taxi waiting...

Thanks again, Bob-- Hubby will follow your advice and if anyone sees a tall, gray-haired gringo stranded at the end of the highway, please take him to Boca Chica!!!;)