Hillbilly's Sports Award

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Congrats de nuevo Don Luis, are you getting younger on us!!, you even look taller than everybody else in that picture.

Tony

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
such serious faces!! :)

showimage.php

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe that is why I am such a good curmudgeon???

Actually, I was sweating and nervous! This is not somethingyou get used to, you know? Much appreciated all.

HB

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
in the above photo hillbilly is standing beside adriano tejada, the editor in chief of the diario libre, the most read newspaper in the country. adriano is one of the most influential people in the DR.

Windjammer

Jun 7, 2009
Mountaineer Pride!! They will be toasting you on Capitol St in Charleston.
Long overdue, senor Hillbilly.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would like to thank you all, quite sincerely, for your kind words. You are a generous folk.
I told Adriano that he was following in the footsteps of his mentor Rafael Herrera, a long, long time editor of the Listin Diario. Adriano once edited his editorials for publicationl.

He is, without a doubt, one of the nation's leaders of public opinion and worth learning Spanish for so you can read his A.M. column.

One of the anecdotes from Jose Leon's little talk;
He was playing baseball while at Babson College and they were playing Boston College and there was a Red Sox scout at the game. He asked Jos? if he had thought about playing baseball professionally. Jos? said "No, I have other plans." and eventually went home to Santiago.
Once there, he said, he talked to his big brother Eduardo, and said (this was before Marlboro and Presidente), "Eduardo there was a guy who wanted me to play baseball professionally, what do you think?>

Eduardo thought a moment and said: "Think about it Jos?, the cigar business is not so good now."

Of course the house came down with that remark!!

HB , still grinning.