This mum and daughter (canine) seek a loving home...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
sob8lg.jpg

2hdu2iu.jpg

I have been requested to post this appeal for a home for this Mum (3 year old) and daughter (1 year old) by a great couple, Ray and Sue, who have recently taken over a hectic business in Sosua. Their work commitments prevent them from offering a permanent home but they have befriended and fed these two lonely dogs as much as possible. It seems that they were ?dumped? onto the streets and are really not streetwise enough to survive alone. Ray and Sue are prepared to meet bills for any medication needed for the Mum dog who has a slightly wounded hip/ back leg problem at the moment and they have also offered to pay for food for them both.

It would be wonderful if they could be found a new loving home together but obviously this may not be possible.

Can you, or do you know someone, who may be prepared to help please?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Good luck with this WB. I'm familiar with these two dogs and they really are lovely! I swear if I had room I'd take all these dogs!!
A virtual pat on the back for Ray and Sue as well, they haven't been here long and already showing that they're great people!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There must be someone out there that has running room for these dogs.
I live in a small house with no room or I would take them in a second.
I'll ask around and see if anyone I know will take them in, together if possible.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The mom and daughter have been taken out of the city for the long weekend and are residing at Judy's, next to Dr. Bob's. The mom is being given special care and attention to get her back in shape. This placement is only temporary, so these girls really need a good home. They have so much affection, it would be great to see them get some in return. Thanks to everybody for your help so far, but let's not give up on finding them a home.

Ray and Sue

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The mom and daughter have been taken out of the city for the long weekend and are residing at Judy's, next to Dr. Bob's. The mom is being given special care and attention to get her back in shape. This placement is only temporary, so these girls really need a good home. They have so much affection, it would be great to see them get some in return. Thanks to everybody for your help so far, but let's not give up on finding them a home.

Ray and Sue

Am working hard on finding them a home.... how lovely to give them a little holiday at Judy's wonderful establishment and it also means I will be able to meet them tomorrow when I shall be there assisting with the visiting vet, Dr. Frank Alfano, at the spay/ neuter Clinic of Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc.

verano

Jan 7, 2010
Saw both girls today and they're doing great. They were so happy to see us and the mum is doing much better. Looks like some rest for her hip and some good care has done a world of good. Would love to see these 2 go to a good home as they're such beautiful friendly girls.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The holiday is nearly over as we near the end of Semana Santa which means that these 2 lovely doggies will be back on the streets unless someone comes forward to offer them the home they crave.... am sure they will give love, loyalty and protection in return for a daily meal and some much needed affection.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I spoke with Judy last night and yes, the girls are being brought back to the streets today. It's very unfortunate, but noboby has adopted them and Judy can't keep them there forever. Good news is that the mom is pretty much back to normal. We still have today to find them a home.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
post better photos of the dogs looking nice

What was not 'nice' about the original photos? The only real improvement to the Mum dog is that she is now limping less from her damaged hip/ back leg.... how 'nice' can it get? They are just two ordinary Dominican doggies looking for an ordinary home.... nothing spectacular expected either way!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
They look great, and we would love to help, but with our bunch here it's simply not possible at the moment... with the leader of the pack dying of a heart-attack, we are suffering internal struggles for new leadership with a number of contenders...

Come on guys... 2 lovely dogs with free food... surely there must be someone

Reactions: drloca

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
These two dogs look fantastic and are healthy. I came across these two lovely girls in Sosua on New Years Eve. Let me tell you they are looking 200% better. They are thin boned dogs and will never really become 'fat'. Thank you Ray and Sue for looking out for these beauties and trying to find them a home...I love them. If I didn't have 15 already they would have been here New Years Eve. I will get the word out!!!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Omg

I am sitting here so sad, that I don't have the place for these two. I saw them in Sosua tonight and had a lovely visit with them. They are the sweetest most trusting pair.. they are so gentle and loving. It broke my heart to know that they have no place to call home. It makes me feel helpless... and then I got into a row with my neighbour over whether dogs belong in bars and on the street....
They deserve so much more than we can even begin to offer,

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
A very happy ending.....

I am delighted to let everyone know that these two delightful dogs eventually won over the hearts of Ray and Sue at Britannia bar to the extent that, despite their heavy work commitments, they could not bear to see these kind and loving dogs living on the streets any longer.

After a trial period of taking the girls to their condo for brief visits they have now both gained weight and fitness and have been permanently adopted spending nights relaxing and days at the bar.

Both new owners and adopted girls are happy with their lucky find.

Photos of doggies only I am afraid!!

2a4saxw.jpg

2dhaaev.jpg

2rdhmbs.jpg

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Thank you Ray & Sue so much!!!! These two had stolen my heart from the first time I saw them. This gave my heart a much needed boost, after we lost our 14 year old Jack Russel last Friday!
To know this lovely pair have what they deserve just made my day!!
It is lovely that you have opened your doors and your hearts to them!!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Wonderful news! So happy to hear Ray and Sue took these beautiful ladies in.
What are the dogs names? We always called them Frik n' Frak:)

Last edited: