Chiropodist/Podiatrist????

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi Everyone,

I really need to find a Chiropodist/Podiatrist ideally on the east coast, but as i have never seen a clinic here advertising one i am presuming i may have to go to Santo Domingo.

Any recommendations would be great, they dont need to be english speaking just good.

Thanks

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
famous podiatrist = Dr.Miguel ortiz in santo domingo. Sorry I am in atlanta now, so I don't have his number handy.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I cannot help you on the east coast, but if you PM or email AZB, he personally knows the guy who is reputed to be the best in Santo Domingo. Has a very loyal client list and has a very good name.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Thank you very much, it is not urgent as such so maybe AZB would you be so kind as to maybe send me the Doctors number when you are back in the DR.

I will however try and find him in Paginas Amarillas in the meantime. Podologo right?

Thank you so much

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Ok so i found him, Im not sure if i am allowed to post the details, but i will just in case anyone else needs his services and i am sure admin will delete as appropriate.

Dr. Miguel Ort?z
Centro Dominicano de Podolog?a
Calle Emilio Morel No.17-A, Ens. La F? Ens.
La Fe Santo Domingo
Tel.: 809-562-2005

Thanks again

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok so i found him, Im not sure if i am allowed to post the details, but i will just in case anyone else needs his services and i am sure admin will delete as appropriate.

Dr. Miguel Ort?z
La Fe Santo Domingo

Thanks again

He is the best in SD and very famous all over Caribbean and even has an established name in south America (Argentina etc).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Dr. Miguel Ort?z
La Fe Santo Domingo

Thanks again

We have no problem with 3rd party posting endorsements, suggestions, links or reviews.

When people spam their own businesses or create accounts to spam their businesses, then we have a problem.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ah... reviving an old thread with new info.

Please note this thread is from 2010. All of the information given previously is still valid.

Based on finding this doctor on DR1 through a google search, I decided to visit Dr. Ortiz.

I've been having problem with cramps/pain in my right foot, so I made an appointment.

This is a very impressive, well run clinic, and definitely geared towards the "haves" of Santo Domingo, not the "have nots."

Once I met with the doctor and told him my problem, he explained what the issues were and then told me to wait a few minutes while his assistant prepared the quotation.

It was clearly organized with each item/procedure to be done along with the price. I gotta admit, it was a little steep.

It involved his consult fee, injections of anti inflammatory drug, a couple of computerized scans of my feet, a host of medicines and corrective footwear orthotics, and a pair of toe straighteners among other things.

Once I approved the quote, they got to work. The whole visit with treatment took about an hour and a half.

They do not accept insurance, but accept credit cards, and he told me most folks who have insurance take the receipt to their insurance company for reimbursement. (I have my doubts.)

So, bottom line, he's still in the same place, works by appointment, and sells supplies with a healthy markup (not unusual).

I recommend him, but don't be afraid to look at what he prescribes, and see what better deals you can get on Amazon.