Good Currency Exchange in Naco?

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know a place in Naco (Tiradentes) to change money at a good rate? The places I know with the good rates are all in or near Zona Colonial and I'd rather not travel across town if I can help it.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
A great casa de cambio is El Efectivo in Plaza Metropolitana, which is at the N.W. corner of Ave J.F.Kennedy and Ortega y Gasset. Telephone: 683-9344. 5 minutes away from Plaza Naco driving, or a 10 minute walk.

You enter the central parking for the plaza from the westbound lanes of JFK. Park there. Go to the stairs on the eastern side, located under the pedestrian bridge over the center of the parking. Go up one floor, turn right at the head of the stairs, and go to the first door. All of the windows have dark tint, but once inside you are in front of the cashier window. They have consistently given me the best rates in Santo Domingo for the past 10 years.

If you don't want to go that far, there is always the guy in the wheelchair in front of Plaza Naco. He's normally out front somewhere between the ferreteria and the central entrance to the 2nd floor. I think he's honest, because he's been in the same spot for at least 10 years - just be careful of your surroundings and don't change a big wad.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Great Information

Thank you for the reply el forastero. I am not too far from both of the places you mention. In have never noticed the wheelchair at Plaza Naco, but I may look for him this time. Thank you for the precise directions, as that will help. Once I have been there one time it will be easy.