Did Anyone Feel A Tremor at 7:35 pm?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I was surprised to find a thread had not already been started. At 7:35 pm I'm sure I felt the ground shaking slightly, either for an unuisually long time or there were several very close together. I was eating supper in front of the TV and had my bare feet on the hard floor; it was through the feet that I felt what I am sure was a tremor. Not strong, but gave me a definite feeling that we were experiencing a tremor.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Phew, and I thought it was me. I can take the bottle of vodka back out of the freezer and make another for the road.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It is a big relief to me too, waytogo, to learn that I really did feel the vibration that I know I felt with my feet.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm in Sosua. There was a definite vibration, but likely would not have felt it except I was barefoot

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
The graph is from a sismograph located in the French school in Santo Domingo, so if you're on the north coast that may be the reason we didn't feel a thing.

By the way this is the link to the main page of the sismograph. You can see the data in real time:

Agecodagis SAGE/IDA

Cheers

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
After the big quake in Sept 2003, I remember one night where the ground was vibrating, not an aftershock, but something weird, like a plate was sliding or something. It didn't show on the seismographs, but it was a strange feeling and many others felt it on the North Coast.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I was surprised to find a thread had not already been started. At 7:35 pm I'm sure I felt the ground shaking slightly, either for an unuisually long time or there were several very close together. I was eating supper in front of the TV and had my bare feet on the hard floor; it was through the feet that I felt what I am sure was a tremor. Not strong, but gave me a definite feeling that we were experiencing a tremor.

Ken2: Not in Santiago...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
After the big quake in Sept 2003, I remember one night where the ground was vibrating, not an aftershock, but something weird, like a plate was sliding or something. It didn't show on the seismographs, but it was a strange feeling and many others felt it on the North Coast.

Yes, same feeling. I was here for the 2003 quake and aftermath and remember it well. My immediate thought when I felt the vibration last night was that the plates were adjusting themselves.

I am happy that waytogo felt it, also.

BlackDog, 2nd floor.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Do you know if you would feel it more on upper floors or lower? I would imagine higher.

Have no idea. Was not a shaking but a vibration. I think that canchman thought about plates sliding might be the answer. That was exactly what popped into my nead last night when I felt the vibration. I thought this is probably the plates getting into adjustment after all the recent seismic activity, and this is probably a good thing because it helps to relieve the pressure.