Cheap but decent hotel in Puerto Plata

Tyrox

Mar 23, 2006
Does anyone know a cheap hotel in Puerto Plata that isn't in too bad of shape? When I say cheap, I'm not talking about $60 or $70/ night. More like $20 to $30. I know I stayed at one like 10 years ago. It wasn't in great shape, but it worked and it wasn't too expensive.
Thanks

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I think you will be surprised at how prices have increased, and I am talking in more recent yars. I have never stayed at anything in the price range you mention but if you are looking at apart hotels, I think that will be impossible.

Somebody posted recently that Castillo del Ambar behind the Coca Cola factory is now charging $RD1600/night (roughly $50).

I have seen that "Sunshine Hotel" on the main road but have no idea about the place or its prices. Judging by the "cover", it may be priced on the lower end.

Good luck.

Jan 22, 2010
I think Sunshine is 35$ a night or bit more. You can find some cheaper aparta hotels in downtown Puerto Plata where mostly you go with a girl to have some fun but for safety reasons I should not recommend those places to stay on a daily base

T.E.

:smoke:

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I recommend hotel Victoriana, a block west and two north of Park Central, very central. The rooms are around 400 pesos. All have bathrooms and TV's and some air cond. They are basic and clean. The staff are friendly and there is free coffee and 24 hour security. I choose a room overlooking the central courtyard - which is visible to security. It is a dominican hotel for dominicans mainly - fine.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I second the Hotel Victoriana, nothing comes close in that price range. I've never had a problem with security,and a lot of gringos in the know frequent the place. It's clean and the staff are friendly. All in all the best bargain in POP.

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
I've stayed at Sunshine Hotel twice and paid 900 pesos per night. Basic-air,t.v. hot water, clean and great staff.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Will you have a car? If so, IMHO the best deal in town are the apartamentes at the Gran Hotel y Cabanas Sensacion just West of Costumbar on the N Coast Hwy. Last report was RD1000 if paid in cash for an air conditioned 2 room suite with cable, full sized fridge, wet bar, dining and sitting area and a very nice little pool. They also have cabanas in the back, but these are the units in the main building in front. There are only 8 of them, and they don't take reservations.

I should also add that they have room service for booze and food and the prices are reasonable and the food is not bad.

R

rockero

HI Any updates on that hotel Victoriana?? Great price,,Seems like 14 to 15 bucks a night,,,I could not stay long term paying on that every night but like one or two nights for that dont seem bad at all,,Hope someone can make updates on this for sure...

arp568

Aug 31, 2010
Hi,

I called HOTEL VICTORIANO in april/2011 & they told me 900 pesos with frige, a/c, internet, safe box & hot water for 2 persons.