Place to meet

Oliver58

Mar 31, 2010
I need recommendations on a place to meet our frineds Paradisus Palma Real we are staying at Paradisus Punta Canal. I have heard there are no reciprocal privileges between the resorts even though they are owned by the same company. Someone mentioned Captain Cooks. Is that any good and how much is it liely to cost us with transportation? Thanks.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
There is a water taxi (operated by Captain Cook) which will pick you up by where you'll be staying. Plan on spending $60- $80 per person for food and drinks. The appropriate attire is grunge. Get ready to get fishy bits all over you and you will need a nap when through.

This isn't fine dining. It's good grilled seafood at the beach. They serve little cups of mamajuana and Dom. coffee as much as you want and their little croquets are classic.

I have heard a bunch of bad reviews on the place since I was last there but I had a ball and lunch was 3.5 hours. I guess it mostly depends on your taste for grilled seafood and the company you're in. Hope you enjoy it. The Paradisus Palma Real is way beyond my budget but it looks like a great place.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
My advice - Do Not Go Ever to Captain Cooks. Rip off - horrible food - they are waiting for tourists. They get recommended because of probable payoffs to tour operators. But it has a very nice location - facing ocean. A really good place to go (but maybe too far) is in Punta Cana Village - Bistro. Great food!

carib

Jul 16, 2002
agree

The above post is right on !
Cooks is a dump,un sanitary, very expensive,
There are other places
carib

carib

Jul 16, 2002
rap

Several of us just stopped at Steves. They were playing really loud music. We asked them to turn it down, and they did slightly and for only a few minutes, Then they switched to loud rap music and we left......
carib