3-4wk vacation to Cabarate in May 2010

Florida-Alex

Feb 22, 2010
MIS AMIGOS:

I am new to this thread so please take it easy on me. I've been reading the threads for a few months and see that topics can get off track very quickly and impose unnecessary friction amongst good folk. Just looking for any positive honest feedback for my 3rd visit back to Cabarate. Last years visit was off the hook (GOOD) and I was lucky enough to be connected with a local Dominican guy who was extremely kind/generous, Manuel M. We went to all the best places.. Unfortunately I can't reach him and hear he may have gone back to Canada. All the Russian folks I met were also awesome and kind, amongst the coolest of Dominicans that showed me a fantastic cultural experience on every aspect. During my previous visit I met an awesome girl who I've become very good fiends with. She is Russian and also a citizen of DR. Long story short I'm going back to stay with her and her 5yr old boy for 3 wks in May!!! We'll be living at Sky Dreams in Cabarate.

On my visit I'm looking for a local Dominican that can bring some added local culture to our already fun plans.

I'm curious about hiring a local that is recommended by other of personal acts for the following work/fun together over a 3-4wk period:

- thinking of a middle/older aged lady.. family oriented. No drugas!!
- assisting in the learning of Spanish language. Doesn't have to be teacher if VERY PATIENT.
- Lead us/me on a "fresh shopping" tour for local natural food ingredients.
- would be nice if he/she has car but if not I think we may have use of a car. No problem
- cooking of meals "with us" to show off custom dishes (we'll provide food $)

- Thinking maybe 4-6hrs/day and comes every other day. Say 10 days x 6hrs = 60hrs total
(Dates: May 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28)

Any advise/comments (without going on huge tangents) on the following topics:
- Sky Dreams?
- referrals?
- cost for 60hrs of labor?
- similar experiences or suggestions?

Again thank you all for your time and any valuable feedback you can provide to continue my DR DREAM!!!
Please hold back on all negative feedback/comments as I'm not interested - thanks!

Alex K

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
For a short term maid, I would say that the going rate would be about $10 a day. It would be very unlikely she would have her own transport though.

As you probably won't have much time for interviewing/vetting, I'm guessing you want someone to start straight away, make sure you know where she lives. IE, get her to take you to her house. And keep a copy of her cedula.