Shared custody?

twillight

Apr 1, 2010
wow thats a nice amount of support..
Im fighting my ex Dominican Husband on child support, he left me over a year ago wtih our child and he was ordered to pay me little over a hunder a month for child support, and its been 4 months now with NOTHING. Not a cent. yet he is fighting to get shared custody of our child & to take him to the Dominican Rep with him for vacations. He just was there for a vacation.
He just doesn't want to have to pay me nothing and he left me in a large sum of debt too...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Im fighting my ex Dominican Husband on child support, he left me over a year ago wtih our child and he was ordered to pay me little over a hunder a month for child support, and its been 4 months now with NOTHING. Not a cent. yet he is fighting to get shared custody of our child & to take him to the Dominican Rep with him for vacations. He just was there for a vacation.
He just doesn't want to have to pay me nothing and he left me in a large sum of debt too...

Don't let him take the kid to the DR. You won't be able to take him out of there. Keep fighting for your child support and send the guy to jail if necessary. I'm tired of my fellow countrymen having kids and forgetting about maintaining them.

Reactions: waytogo

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006

How long does it have to go before you can have the child support deducted from his wages?

twillight

Apr 1, 2010
They should be taking it off eventually...
But the laywers involved for the child is recommending for him to take our child to DR every where for 2weeks. (she has no kids) .. CAN YOU BELEIVE THAT? where is my son's protection.. He has no ties to this country he wont return, i need more stories to help me out
So im taking it to trail

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
But the laywers involved for the child is recommending for him to take our child to DR every where for 2weeks. (she has no kids) .. CAN YOU BELEIVE THAT? where is my son's protection.. He has no ties to this country he wont return, i need more stories to help me out
So im taking it to trail

Absolutely do not allow your child to go to the DR with his father. This guy has already proven to be noncompliant with court orders ( not paying child support) and untrustworthy ( leaving you with huge debt problems)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
So im taking it to trail

Twilight, I dont really understand what you wrote here...

Anyway, I know is hard to even let this go now, but you can probably budget without 100 a month and without him. you are probably getting yourself all upset over his lack of cooperation and his unwarranted demands. You are right: it is unfair and just plain messed up that he gets to make demands and not pay up. but can your turmoil really be solved with $100 from him?

Like I wrote in the other thread, you are better off just getting over it and over being angry at him and you will feel much better. You cant control how he is as a parent. Do your best as the mom, the rest will sort itself out. Trust me, kids know more than we think, and your son will recognize who is the ?parent? in charge in his life. When your baby needs something, he will come to you...

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Remember, and I know it's hard, that custody and child support are viewed as entirely separate issues legally. Failure to pay child support, does not weigh on ability to see the child or rights to the child. Unless there is overwhelming proof of negligence that harmed the child, custody with travel rights will be granted. I'm just wondering how he could afford to travel at all if he can't pay $100.00 a month in child support . . . . . and that's the point I'd want pursued in court. (I'd also exploit it in terms of welfare of the child.)
Also, besides garnering wages, holding tax returns, a parent deliquent on child support can be prevented from renewing a passport in the US. Eventually, the system will kick in on the child support, but the custody will be determined differently.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
He needs to get his useless ass out of this country. You will need to sign a form for him to have him out of the country... nobody will MAKE you sign it.
If he takes him there, you may never see your son again and than what is this Children's lawyer going to say ? "Sorry" ?
I would demand another Childrens lawyer with Immigration/Sponsorship experience if they don't have one, tell them to get one... fight it tooth and nail.... don't let that useless bastard get anything... make sure you get the $100 every month and everything else you deserve.

twillight

Apr 1, 2010
Twilight, I dont really understand what you wrote here...

Anyway, I know is hard to even let this go now, but you can probably budget without 100 a month and without him. you are probably getting yourself all upset over his lack of cooperation and his unwarranted demands. You are right: it is unfair and just plain messed up that he gets to make demands and not pay up. but can your turmoil really be solved with $100 from him?

Like I wrote in the other thread, you are better off just getting over it and over being angry at him and you will feel much better. You cant control how he is as a parent. Do your best as the mom, the rest will sort itself out. Trust me, kids know more than we think, and your son will recognize who is the ?parent? in charge in his life. When your baby needs something, he will come to you...

There is so much more to this story that I can post. But What i wrote was There was a Laywer (mediator) involved and assigned to our son to pick whats best between my ex and I. he is all in this for money. And the mediator stated he should be able to bring our child to the DR for vacation. I udnerstand if my ex's life was stable here I would have no problem, but he has nothing, no real apartment (rents a room) and my son is OK to stay there as per the childrens laywer.
he has no reason to return when what he craves in the DR life.
he has debts here, he ruined his credit, the list goes on. So he has no reason to return to actual ReSPONSIBILITIES. His actions with our child now is just being a FUN dad, but has never paid daycare in 8months ive been paying it. how is that fair.

Apr 3, 2009
42 U.S.C. ? 652(k)

You may be able to prevent his trips to the DR, by getting his passport revoked for child support arrearage.

-BB :bunny:

42 U.S.C. ? 652(k) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Please tell us twilight, was your ex a outstanding responsible person with a good job and his own money when you married him?

twillight

Apr 1, 2010
Please tell us twilight, was your ex a outstanding responsible person with a good job and his own money when you married him?

ha ha ha.. the answer to that is NO. I was blinded by total love obviuosly. He was a diffirent person though then who is now..
I think the laws In Canada for immigration need to change!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
STOP! this is not even about the ex anymore!!

I was blinded by total love obviously. He was a different person though then who is now.. I think the laws In Canada for immigration need to change!

Your judgment, actions, and feelings about this whole situation is clearly tied to your emotions. There is nothing we can say on this forum that will make you feel better at this point. What you are feeling right now is normal. This man has done plenty to make you hate him and not want your son around him. Just please don?t do it out of spite, remember that at the one that will suffer the loss of his dad is your son.

(?) a Lawyer (mediator) involved and assigned to our son to pick what?s best between my ex and I.

The mediator is supposed to look out for the child?s best interest? not YOURS and not your ex.

As per this post here:

? he is all in this for money. And the mediator stated he should be able to bring our child to the DR for vacation. I understand if my ex's life was stable here I would have no problem, but he has nothing, no real apartment (rents a room) and my son is OK to stay there as per the children?s lawyer. He has no reason to return when what he craves in the DR life. He has debts here, he ruined his credit, and the list goes on. So he has no reason to return to actual Responsibilities. ?

Twilight, as far as what you have written, the reasons you have mentioned for not wanting your son to go to DR are all subjective, apparently based on your opinion about your ex.

BTW ? How he chooses to live his life it really up to him now? There's nothing you can control about that.

Also, given the economy and the situation in DR, I doubt he will have a better life there and leave the opportunities he has in Canada or the USA. So it is MY OPINION that his staying in DR and ruining all chances for a better future for himself AND getting in trouble with the law are UNLIKELY.

Lastly, He will end up spending a lot more than a $100 a month keeping him in DR anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the rest of you spewing HATE towards such a complicated situation: please remember this is regarding a CHILD and a father ? he is a loser father, but HIS father nonetheless. If this man has any sense, he may come around and he will regret is actions. If the kid is taken away from him, there may be irreparable damage done to him in regards to how he views his father ? and who will help them then??

You guys shouldn?t add fuel to an already burning fire. She needs support and some reasonable advice, not HATE and deportation talk!

After reading responses like this:
I was blinded by total love obviously?
you can clearly see she is HURT! This is not about safety and $100 a month ? she is a woman scorned, is ****ed off ? and rightly so!

Let us not lose sight on the most important thing: this is FAMILY matter!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
This sounds SO familiar!!!

BTW, he was always the same person.

You're so right Bronxboy.

You know the facts, you either accept it and live your life (sans hate) or continue to bask on your hate and disappointment.

Cut your loses and move on.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
He needs to get his useless ass out of this country. You will need to sign a form for him to have him out of the country... nobody will MAKE you sign it.
If he takes him there, you may never see your son again and than what is this Children's lawyer going to say ? "Sorry" ?
I would demand another Childrens lawyer with Immigration/Sponsorship experience if they don't have one, tell them to get one... fight it tooth and nail.... don't let that useless bastard get anything... make sure you get the $100 every month and everything else you deserve.

What an unecessary post!! :angry:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
With all due respect Tall Drink I think you are wrong. Here is a man that can afford to go on Vacation from Canada to the DR, but can't afford to pay his meager $100 per month and on top of that didn't pay his debts. This sounds like an untrustworthy person, not the type that you trust to deliver his son back to the mother. Being a father is more than being a sperm donor. If he honours his obligations then perhaps it's negotiable.

Reactions: Bronxboy

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
1- Don't let him take the child to the D.R. Do ne sign nothing. You know the guy so don't think he will pay alimony because you agree to let your child go to the D.R. Ya sabes que no, no sea PENDEJA. Let the judge decide after hearing testimony from both parties.

2- Why do you think he wants shared custody ??? If he doesn't work or work but he earns less than you, you could be the one who will have to pay alimony.

3- If you don't have a lawyer, get one right away

4- How old is your child ??

Last edited: