Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackout on North Coast - need to verify if true

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackout on North Coast - need to verify if true

I just spoke to Edenorte about a lack of power in Cabarete this afternoon and they said that there is a general black out on the North Coast.

Can anyone else confirm that?

Moderator Living Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I just spoke to Edenorte about a lack of power in Cabarete this afternoon and they said that there is a general black out on the North Coast.

Can anyone else confirm that?
    Suffered here badly with no power from 1pm on Wednesday until 7am Thursday when we had just 3 hours (so, therefore off 20+ hours). It came on again 2 pm - 4 pm and has just come back on now. We called into the Edenorte office in Sabaneta this morning who told us that there had been a problem with the generator in POP yesterday but they seemed confident that today onwards would be more normal (whatever that is!).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shirley . We also had about the same outages. It is a good sign you are back on, but we aren't yet.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

we are out all over in Puerto Plata. Long outages all week long. Some issue with power plant - I expect the government forgot to pay them!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We are in Santiago and rarely have a power outage in the evening but we were out today from about 5:15 until 7:40pm.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

no power here i costambar. but it means nothing as we get power cuts every day for 6 to 10 hours at a time...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMV123 View Post
    we are out all over in Puerto Plata. Long outages all week long. Some issue with power plant - I expect the government forgot to pay them!
    It is very common for Edenorte to make up some story about a broken cable when in fact the power plants are cutting back due to lack of payment. That is why I wanted to see if it was indeed a general outage. Thanks for the report.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Virtually NO blackout today (for the time I was home) on my side of POP.
    ... J-D.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Costamabar is a Class B circuit

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    no power here i costambar. but it means nothing as we get power cuts every day for 6 to 10 hours at a time...
    From the Edenorte web site Costambar is a class B circuit where most people pay for power and should only have outages about 4 hours a day barring major system wide problems.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish! it's more like a class Z circuit here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast