Looking for a French restaurant on North coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Can anyone recommend a good French restaurant here on the North Coast?

Particularly one that has duck a l'orange on the menu.

Cheers

Reactions: Bronxboy
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Not sure about the Duck a L'Orange, but Otra Cosa and Bliss are both in Cabarete and are French or French/Swiss influence.

Bliss is close to the entrance of the Callejon (opposite Ocean Dream) and Otra Cosa is beside the Velero Beach resort at the East end of the bay. Both are very nice venues.

Reactions: beeza

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
There is a small French Rest. on the end of the beach. The name is Calmere and Filet (sp). Great chicken cordon blue. Cost less and your on the each. If you want up scale, then the other are what your looking for.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
There is a small French Rest. on the end of the beach. The name is Calmere and Filet (sp). Great chicken cordon blue. Cost less and your on the each. If you want up scale, then the other are what your looking for.

What beach, Oriole?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Oriole, if you're referring to Le Calamar en Folie in Cabarete, it's been closed for a while now. Owner told me he will have (or by now has?) a 'bistro' near Hotel Kaoba

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Sorry. We were there 6 -7 weeks ago. I was great. If they moves to the new location it will be great they will even have A/C. I doubt if the menu will change much.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Ola Vache ( spelling could be way off) beside the Britania in Sosua is owned by a Frog.
Not sure if they serve Duck though

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Well we went to La Otra Cosa last night to celebrate my birthday.

All I can say is WOW!

The food was simply amazing. I ordered the duck with caramelised onions and apple. My god it was a taste sensation!

We met and chatted with the chef/owner who is from St Tropez, but has been here for 12 years.

A great recommendation, thanks.

Would like to go more often, but really for us it's going to be a place for special occasions. They don't accept credit cards, so you'll need to bring cash, lots of it, because it ain't cheap!

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Well we went to La Otra Cosa last night to celebrate my birthday.

All I can say is WOW!

The food was simply amazing. I ordered the duck with caramelised onions and apple. My god it was a taste sensation!

We met and chatted with the chef/owner who is from St Tropez, but has been here for 12 years.

A great recommendation, thanks.

Would like to go more often, but really for us it's going to be a place for special occasions. They don't accept credit cards, so you'll need to bring cash, lots of it, because it ain't cheap!

I'm glad that you enjoyed it; it has been run well for a long time by the same people and like all things done professionally here, should be applauded. It is also a very romantic spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.