Reliable high speed internet in La Vega

antoniusj

Apr 1, 2010
I need a fixed line high speed internet connection in La Vega (the city). Codetel offers several plans that meet this criteria but I need to know what parts of the city are covered. I went to the office and spoke with someone that said I needed to live within a very tight radius of the center of the city to get one of the faster plans. I did not trust him to be that knowledgeable and he really wanted to sell me the 3G mobile device so I question his motives as well. It also contradicted what an employee (who spoke English) told me a couple of months earlier.

I have a Viva 3G modem and the download speeds are OK but the upload speed is dreadful regardless of the strength of the signal (I cannot get past 13KB upload even with DL speed of 2MB). I am skeptical that there is only one CO serving the entire city that would allow a connection speed of 1.5MB/768KB connection. If anyone knows other parts of town with high speed coverage, please share this with me. I am flexible about which part of town I would relocate but prefer not to live right in the center of the city.

Jan 5, 2006
What is their idea of close to the center of the city? La Vega is a very small city, so if you are to say within 3 KM of the Claro office; which is centrally located; you will have plenty of good choices for places to live.

I have Claro DSL in my condo in Las Carolinas with no complaints.