Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenant Friendly Rental Agreement

engineerfg

Default Tenant Friendly Rental Agreement

Does anybody have a 'tenant friendly' rental agreement they are willing to share with the DR1 online community?

If you're not comfortable posting it on here, please pm me if you're prepared to share and/or sell me a copy for cash/favors/alcohol.

Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by engineerfg View Post
    Does anybody have a 'tenant friendly' rental agreement they are willing to share with the DR1 online community?

If you're not comfortable posting it on here, please pm me if you're prepared to share and/or sell me a copy for cash/favors/alcohol.

Thanks

I will give you one for free!

If you find a decent owner like I have you just pay your rent on time and that's it!

As far as contracts are concerned, some want 3 - 6 months rent in advance etc.

Deposits are another issue!

Anytime you get involved with contracts, deposits and absentee owners expect the worst!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Have sent you a PM.
    Tropical Regards
    Reidy

engineerfg

Default Thanks

Thanks Reidy, just responded

Mike_i, any objections if I post the agreement publically with the details removed?

Basically I presume many new gringo future renters in this country will be in this position -- being prestented with an agreement from their landlord that is crooked or not so 'tennant friendly'.

If we have a public 'good' agreement here, people can just print and insist on using this agreement - or at least have it as a starting point. and this thread can be sticky'd for future new comers.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Reidy, just responded
    EMail & attachment on it's way
    Regards
    Reidy

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I have a copy of tenant friendly rental agreement.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

where's the Copy?

Post it here.

Mike
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

engineerfg

I got so frustrated with the Dominican run-around that I ended up renting a place with an American owner and did our deal in new york. Sorry

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

if you did your contract by Nueva Yol Rules/Law/Lawyer, then You did the worst You could have done, because such contract may not have any value in the DR in case one day You want to receive Judgement by a Dominican Court.

Mike
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

engineerfg

I don't intend on living in DR for more than a year. My landlord has all his assets in the states, and it's easier for me to sue someone in English than in Spanish, or deal with the Dickensian courts system here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast