Claro... once again...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
last saturday we went to the Claro office in Santiago with the intention of cancelling our banda ancha contract and getting 2 Iphone contracts...

We had little hope, but hey, it being Semana Santa, who knew...

To be honest... we got a great guy helping us... and he made a lot of effort. He even made overtime (half an hour) and did not want to hear our apologies.

The results of this 2 1/2 hour visit:
- a business consultant is supposed to visit us between now and wednesday to assess our banda ancha connection and find a solution for it (in the worst case, cancelling the contract without any damage fees for us)
- no Iphone contract... but a Blackberry Claro Control plan with 115 minutes (which in the end is a lot cheaper than the iphone... 1200 something pesos including impuestos for "unlimited" data, and 500 something for 115 minutes of calling...

So we went home happily, me intending to play with my new toy... Of course this toy was immediately confiscated by my loving esposa Acira... whahahaha...

We tried thethering it with the comp and it worked fine for about 15 minutes and then it closed of... Probably a wrong setting or so... we thought and still hope...

As it was Semana Santa we did not make any calls, untill today, when I made a call and was shut of after about 15 seconds, and I discovered my whole credit (the whole 115 minutes) were gone...

So, I called their famous "no"help line... got myself a ticket for complaints, and was told I would get an answer by the 8th...

Now you tell me something... what is so difficult about determining what happened... I can tell them this... I had a prepaid number with them (you know... the kind where you reload your sim everytime)... and I took this number with the new contract, and they insisted on transferring the pesos left on my prepaid card (about 5 pesos)... do I need to expand????

Oh... what the hell... why do I bicker about this... in Jarabacoa they do have a monopoly... and once again... this guy in the Santiago office they should make him overall manager, and maybe, just maybe, their service might improve...

One of the thousands of frustrated Claro customers

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
a miracle happened

yes... the claro guy came by today, and discovered our speed was really bad.... after 2 hours (prob trying to think up an excuse and not finding one)

so he left by telling us he was going to discuss possible solutions with his manager...

strangely enough one was an external antenna with some kind of wireless modem/router allowing us to hook up more than one computer... (for those of you who can find that one on their website... i will buy a beer)

we are keeping our fingers crossed...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
yes... the claro guy came by today, and discovered our speed was really bad.... after 2 hours (prob trying to think up an excuse and not finding one)

so he left by telling us he was going to discuss possible solutions with his manager...

strangely enough one was an external antenna with some kind of wireless modem/router allowing us to hook up more than one computer... (for those of you who can find that one on their website... i will buy a beer)

we are keeping our fingers crossed...
My guess: banda ancha on a long stick to compensate for you being downhill from the signal...