Good news posted on CIC web-site!

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
Following SweetKiwis post - I went on CIC, something I have given up on about a month ago and under Haiti information was a new press release from April 1st!

The good part say's: :bunny:

Sponsorship cases submitted before the earthquake on January 12
We are making every effort to make a preliminary decision, and notify applicants whether an interview is required, by the end of April in all cases where we had received completed applications before the earthquake. This represents approximately 1,000 applications for about 1,500 people.

It may take some additional time to conduct medical and background screening for some of these applicants. Urgent cases involving vulnerable people will continue to receive priority processing by the Embassy.

By the end of June 2010, we expect to have made a final decision on the vast majority of the applications submitted before the earthquake. This means that CIC would be processing in six months what normally would take about 23 months (for 80 per cent of all cases).

goodgirlmaddie

Oct 10, 2009
Are you sure this means all Dominican applications?? I thought this was just referring to the Haiti applications. Anyone have any insight?

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
Okay this is freaking me out a bit. This is going to sound weird but I talked to a psychic for the first time in my life last weekend- just for fun, and also with an open mind. She told me that we would hear something about our application by the end of May and that he would be here with me in Canada by end of June. The way the announcement reads makes it seem very very possible!! OMG!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good to hear where the Dominican applications are and that they are doing the best they can to get them completed.

Here's hoping the members next on the list have their spouses here for the summer.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I think based on the communications people have been receiving in the last few weeks, they are working on Dominican applications.

Some have said that new applications or updates sent to CPC-M are being held and not sent to Sto Dom until further notice. Maybe they are clearing up all the outstanding files and mess that the Earthquake caused before the new ones are forwarded....not sure just a guess.

On a side note....Im not a huge believer in psychics but I also went about a year or 2 before we got married and the woman correctly predicted that we would be married in 2008, have a child in 2009 (off by 2 months) and buy a house in 2010....ALL TRUE! Whether its real or not, it is kind of fun especially when they are right!!

Sangria

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
This is great news!

Thank you for keeping on eye on these notices. I always forget to check the CIC site.

"To me they are referring to all applications, because they still make reference to priority processing for certain applicants"

I agree with this. I think it's referring to all applicants!

This just made my day :)

goodgirlmaddie

Oct 10, 2009
Great..thank you!!! I was hoping it was referring to all applications. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
To make my day...I missed a call today from a 613 number and my voice mail box is full (switched from bell to telus and can never seem to get in my voicemail)...anyhow I called back and it said this number does not accept calls. I think nothing more of it.

I just went to get a phone number out of my husbands phone and his last received call was from the same 613 #. So I said who called you from the 613 #?? He say's..."o fue la embajada de canada llamando por ti y lo dio el numero tuyo"

What, ok barbaraso did you not think this was inportant to tell me!

Anyhow so I googled the number and sure enough it's a routing number that overseas canadian embassy's use!!!

Blah - so I got ni message, no name and no number to call back!

But on the bright side - I guess that confirms that the press release refers to all applicants and that we should all be hearing something soon!

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
I don't like to be negative but I really believe this article is only in reference to Haiti. Everything talked about is about Hatians and the embassy in Port-au-Prince.

I think the "priority" part is saying that the most vulnerable Hatian cases will be accepted first before the other Hatian applications just as they have been doing.

I HOPE I am wrong.....

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
So I called them back at the Santo Domingo embassy. And they were calling to tell us to get the med's redone! (they expired last month).

SOO - I guess they are working on all files! and not just the Haitian applicants!

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
I don't like to be negative but I really believe this article is only in reference to Haiti. Everything talked about is about Hatians and the embassy in Port-au-Prince.

I think the "priority" part is saying that the most vulnerable Hatian cases will be accepted first before the other Hatian applications just as they have been doing.

I HOPE I am wrong

I hope you're wrong too. I see what you mean though. After the initial excitement died down I re-read the notice. The fact is it was posted on the "Priority Processing in HAITI" page, but then again, they don't explicitly say only Haitian applicants. I'm tempted to call an agent to find out but more often than not they know less than we do. :ermm:

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
SweetKiwi - I was told something TOTALLY different from the IO in Santo Domingo today, who was vert friendly and very helpfull! Ha - so nobody knows what they are talking about at CIC.

I think the fact that mine is moving and based on what the guy in SD told me today - you should be positive!

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
SBT- SO happy that you received good news! and to see things starting to move again....
I hope this is the start of good news for many more in the next while!:classic:

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
In process date?

Hi SBT,

I was just wondering (to get an idea where they are at) what your "In process" date was...

Thanks,
Tig

SweetKiwi - I was told something TOTALLY different from the IO in Santo Domingo today, who was vert friendly and very helpfull! Ha - so nobody knows what they are talking about at CIC.

I think the fact that mine is moving and based on what the guy in SD told me today - you should be positive!

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
Can I get a pm as well SBT? I'd like to know more of what the IO said to you as well as your timeline if you don't mind.... :)