Understanding the main auto dealers

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
When you ask for a dealer to quote you the "on the road" price to supply a vehicle for a vehicle that is new and therefore unregistered, is the price quoted usually for the supply of the vehicle and you then have the cost of the first plate to add to the purchase cost ?

I'd imagine the prices quoted include sales tax, ITBIS or whatever, but how about the registration to get on the road etc. I am having a bit of a time trying to understand before I commit to the purchase. :ermm:

Thanks for any advice.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
One nice trait of doing business in the DR is that more often than not the price tag is exactly what you pay without any surprises.

Every vehicle I have bought has been that way. You pay the price on the sticker, that's all. It includes everything.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Same here, last transaction (new vehicle at Delta-Toyota) the price quote (over the Internet's "commercial" dept. and later negotiated down at the dealership) was AI (ALL taxes, tags, title (registration)) but an empty tank of gas... so empty I barely made it over the other side of the street to the next pump. :D

... J-D.