Sad news from Sams Bar Puerto Plata

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Joanne Keefer long time proprietor of Sams Bar in Puerto Plata passed away this afternoon.
We will miss you Joanne. R.I.P.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I'm sorry to hear that. My wife and I would plan to go there for breakfast every time we were in town in the morning. We enjoyed the historic and relaxed atmosphere.

Our condolences.

Ringo

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I am so sorry to hear this. Please post any service arrangements as they are made. Joanne was such a good woman! She will be missed.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have known her for many years. its sad news. RIP joanna.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
What happened ?

In all honesty, is that important? A lady passed away. Out of respect to the deceased and any relatives, I think these details can be spared from a public message board. If its imperative to know, PM a relevant source.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for letting us know, Gringo. I knew Joanne when we first moved here although haven't seen her around much recently. Very sad news.

Lambada coincidentally about three weeks ago Joanne asked me to loan her my copy of your book, said she enjoyed it and could relate to the many things that you wrote.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Re: memorial service

A memorial service will be held @ Sams Bar Tomorrow Friday April 09/2010. 5:00 PM Gringo Time.

Anyone wishing to attend that has been touched in any way by Joanne is welcome.
Joanne has touched so many lives over the years. She was a good friend and always had great advice to any newcomer.

Joanne will be greatly missed by all of her friends. Please come and join the celebration of Joanne's life. Let's share some stories.

Larry

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
oh man that is sad news i met her a few times when i am in town i always stop by for a cold one what a nice lady she was well i will light a candle for her very sad news

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Regrettably I had an appointment already arranged for 5.00 pm today Gringo & it is pne I cabn not get out of (I have been trying most of today).

My condolences to the family & friends who will sorely miss Joanne. Her open ear to a person in need of a chat & moan was almost legendary in PoP. She will be missed by more than just those who visited her emporium!

God Bless Joanne ~ Grahame.

linwall

Dec 28, 2009
Joanne Keefer

God bless her.

l got the sad news from friends from Sam`s Bar around 2 this afternoon. There is a memorial for Joanne going on at 5 at Sam`s, well it just started.

l had the oppurtunty to spend quite a lot of time with Joanne in October and in January of this year. She was a good, warm, friendly woman with only good woords, a good shoulder to lean on and a great sense of humour. l will miss you Joanne as a lot of other people will too.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Linda

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
R.I.P. Joanne

On behalf of friends and family I would like to thank the many people who took the time out of their busy schedules to come by and pay their respects to Joanne.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
RIP...I spent many afternoons talking with her. She was a good woman. She will be missed by many. My condolences to her close friends and famlies.