Is There A Zoo in the D.R.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have been researching with no luck, looking for information on the whereabouts of an honest to goodness zoo in the D.R.
My girlfriend and her niece have never heard of one here but I recall someone posting information awhile ago, just can't find it under search.
Any info. would be appreciated.
Just thought it would be a great way to spend a day.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yes. It's several blocks long on Pedro Clisante in Sosua...;)

Reactions: Rbh44

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Yes. It's several blocks long on Pedro Clisante in Sosua...;)

OK, I think I know what you are saying, but that wouldn't be good for the young ones. I need a place where you feed the animals....like peanuts.
I think nothing I can say here is going to come out right. lol

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
OK, I think I know what you are saying, but that wouldn't be good for the young ones. I need a place where you feed the animals....like peanuts.
I think nothing I can say here is going to come out right. lol
I think there's one in Santo Domingo...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This link was perfect...We am going there tomorrow by Metro.
One more thing, how far is it from the Metro? Plus approx. cost of taxi?
Looks like a lot of fun......Thank you

Are you coming from Sosua? If so you plan to do the zoo in SD as a one day trip?

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Are you coming from Sosua? If so you plan to do the zoo in SD as a one day trip?

I live in Santiago, where the real Dominicans live.
I've really started something now........lol
I figure 2 hours to the capital, get an early start, and make a long day of it.
Still can't find anything on the distance from the Metro.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I live in Santiago, where the real Dominicans live.
I've really started something now........lol
I figure 2 hours to the capital, get an early start, and make a long day of it.
Still can't find anything on the distance from the Metro.

Sorry, thought you were in Sosua because that would be a really long day.

Taxi should be no more than $RD200-250 all depending on how "gringo" you look. You can call Apolo in SD for a price, (809) 537-0000. With Saturday traffic I would guess a good 20 minute ride. Caribe Tours bus depot is a little closer.

Take plenty of pics and post them.

go to maps.google.com for travel distance from both bus depots
Metro Servicios Turisticos
Caribe Tours | Bienvenidos

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Sorry, thought you were in Sosua because that would be a really long day.

Taxi should be no more than $RD200-250 all depending on how "gringo" you look. You can call Apolo in SD for a price, (809) 537-0000. With Saturday traffic I would guess a good 20 minute ride. Caribe Tours bus depot is a little closer.

Take plenty of pics and post them.

go to maps.google.com for travel distance from both bus depots
Metro Servicios Turisticos
Caribe Tours | Bienvenidos

Thank you, you've been most helpful. My girlfriend is Dominican and she does all the negotiating. A lot of photos and I will post em.
Finally, a Saturday that won't be boring.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I have been researching with no luck, looking for information on the whereabouts of an honest to goodness zoo in the D.R.
My girlfriend and her niece have never heard of one here but I recall someone posting information awhile ago, just can't find it under search.
Any info. would be appreciated.
Just thought it would be a great way to spend a day.

there is a zoo in SD,and not too bad either...out past rio hondo...I take bus 19a from Parque independencia..20 pesos.
bob

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
After picking up the flu in the states and bringing it back with me, it finally caught up with my girlfriend last night. She got as sick as a dog and the trip will have to be put off a few days. I had planned on going to Sosua next weekend, but even that depends on how she feels. The info everyone gave me was very helpful and we are really looking forward to a day at the zoo and stuffing ourselves on high fat, high carb, non healthy food and beverage.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
OP intends to take Metro bus from Santiago to Santo Domingo and a taxi to the zoo. OP wants to know approximate price for a taxi.

my bad seen ride metro, and thought maybe this was part of the trip, tend to think of wrong metro here, sorry. Cab should be 200. Call apolo 809-537-0000 get the price from the dispatcher to verify the driver.