Great sauce for tostones

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just wanted to share a great and quick recipe for tostones that I learned from a popular Colombian restaurant in Orlando. We first tried this restaurant back in 2002 and like everybody else who ate their we were enamored of the unique sauce that was used for the tostones as well as a salad dressing. We tried many times to get one of the waiters to divulge the "secret" in order to duplicate the sauce to no avail, until we moved to the Dominican Republic four years ago. Nonetheless, when the waiter finally did spill the beans we thought he was kidding; until of course we made the recipe at home.

Here it is, enjoy:

2-3 well rounded tbsp of mayonnaise
2-3 oz of beer
garlic clove
pinch of salt

Mix the mayonnaise and beer with a fork until well mixed then add the crushed garlic and salt. Can chill for later use. Optionally add a very little crushed cucumber for a hint of tzatziki taste. Enough for 6-8 plantains.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Sounds good, theres nothing I like more than new recipes to try.
And this one sounds so easy.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I'm going to try that. BTW, how's Sonia and the girls? You're never on Facebook...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm going to try that. BTW, how's Sonia and the girls? You're never on Facebook...

We're doing good. I check my Facebook at least once a week and respond to messages but rarely post anything.

Give my best to the youngins.

ciao