American Looking to Find a Job in Santo Domingo

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
I have a friend looking to relocate to the DR, and they are looking for a job here in DR. How would they go about doing this. Are there any websites like hotjobs, monster etc. I have heard that it is hard to find a job here, but the pay is not so important. Just to be able to gain a little experience and have a little pocket money for the next 3 years. Thanks you. Oh yeah the person is a 24 year old male, who has a Bachelors degree.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are employment websites like aldaba.com but I would start by researching the private schools and call centres.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I have a friend looking to relocate to the DR, and they are looking for a job here in DR. How would they go about doing this. Are there any websites like hotjobs, monster etc. I have heard that it is hard to find a job here, but the pay is not so important. Just to be able to gain a little experience and have a little pocket money for the next 3 years. Thanks you. Oh yeah the person is a 24 year old male, who has a Bachelors degree.

Degree in What? and how is his spanish?

CompuTrabajo Rep.Dominicana (robot@computrabajo.com.do)
infoempleos.net (info@infoempleos.net)
Aldaba - Portal de empleo y formaci?n en USA

and the call centers. Rococo, NearShore, Stream, Vixicom

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
The best way to get a job in the DR is to have really low expectations, a good pair of walking shoes, and a few big buckets of patience.

There is not much chance your friend will accomplish anything online.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Aldaba.com & infoempleos.net are your friend's best assets right now. The pay will be really low but as you said that may be not really important right now as what he is looking is for experience (which he could really get in the DR).

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com

A Bachelors degree, huh? Whoaw! :tired:
I'd reckon it would be though to find a good paying job in the US with, pardon me "just" a bachelors degree. Imagine here. After all, that degree is mainly a requisite to get to go to university. So it is here.
It may give him a chance to go to college here, which can be much more affordable than going to college in the States. But still, he would need some income or help for living expenditures. Flipping hambulge here won't cut it.
If he really was qualified beyond being able to speak English and have a Bachelor's degree, I had suggested trying to seek employment in a US company which has offices or runs sister companies down here and try to move here from there on a US salary.

So, I'm afraid that maybe 24 and not much to show for yet, may be a little too young to bail out on the rat race yet?

Anyways, "we" have an employment section on this very Forum: Employment

... J-D.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
A Bachelors degree, huh? Whoaw! :tired:
I'd reckon it would be though to find a good paying job in the US with, pardon me "just" a bachelors degree. Imagine here. After all, that degree is mainly a requisite to get to go to university. So it is here.
It may give him a chance to go to college here, which can be much more affordable than going to college in the States.
Anyways, "we" have an employment section on this very Forum: Employment

... J-D.

J. D.
Bachelors degree in the US has finished 4 years of college(university) next up would be a post graduate degree, (masters, then PHD).

My question is what discipline? Science, Education. Information Systems other?

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Sorry, my bad then... yes, you are correct. Seems I'm being the undereducated here. :)

Thanks BA.

So, what is he graduated in?

... J-D.

You been down here to long, think this is what you were thinking of 'Bachiller'

Certificate of Graduation from Secondary Education in the DR and elsewhere.
Or in the US graduation from High School.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...Bachelors degree in the US has finished 4 years of college(university) next up would be a post graduate degree, (masters, then PHD).....
I know the above is true in the US but I learned something new today........'Bachiller'

.....'Bachiller'

Certificate of Graduation from Secondary Education in the DR and elsewhere.
Or in the US graduation from High School.

Thanks for the education..........